Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insta kill from falling by distance instead of Kill Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insta kill from falling by distance instead of Kill Z?

Is it possible to set UDK up to kill the player if they have fallen let's say 30 yards instead of killing them from kill z? Or is that what soft kill z is? I haven't had much luck with either getting it to do what I want.

Falling damage is based on the Pawn property MaxFallSpeed. That's the maximum falling velocity a pawn can have when landing to avoid taking falling damage (see Pawn.TakeFallingDamage()). If the landing velocity is greater than MaxFallSpeed, the pawn will take damage of 100 * (actual speed + MaxFallSpeed)/MaxFallSpeed.

Comment

I think he means... without hitting the ground. Just say "Yeah, when you splat... yer definitely gonna splat" so just kill him assuming that.

Not sure if that'd be a good idea... unless your game has an unusual setup... most people would prefer to have that last second chance to remove someone's head before they hit the ground.

Removing control from a player before they die is frustrating... even if 99.99% of the time there's nothing they could do to save themselves... they'll always assume that each time they would have pulled off that 0.01% chance.

Comment

Well the project I'm working on doesn't have enemies or other players, but I do get what youre saying.

Im using triggers to kill the player instead, which is less than ideal but it works.

Comment

Working...
        X