No announcement yet.

Running UDK on Mac Pro dektop, and need more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Apple were obviously enabling and putting pressure on Foxconn, and that did happen.

Comment

Foxconn was contracted by Apple for manufacturing and put pressure on maintaining complete secrecy of... everything they ever do. The company is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
        Well of course it stands to reason if you use Logic Studio, Aperture, Final Cut, etc. that you'll prefer the Mac.
        I use Logic and Final Cut, but I also use some windows only tools as well. So I need them both. Well its more of a want than a need, I think.

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
        The question (that wasn't in the form of a question) was if you could get an equivalent PC for half the price of a Mac Pro. The answer is yes...
        Well these are just opinions, but for me, its not an equivalent if it only runs windows programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom@engineaudio View Post
          Well these are just opinions, but for me, its not an equivalent if it only runs windows programs.
          There's a couple of ways you can look at that...

1) It is equivalent hardware.
          2) Linux and all the other non-DRM'd operating systems can run on that hardware.
          3) Hackintosh? (... if legal in your country... though turning on your Mac... the one you bought from Apple... is a felony according to the DMCA according to Apple lawyers and a judge. Apple just isn't bothering suing you because you bought it from them. Blizzard's lawyers agree.)

But yeah, if Apple Care and Mac OSX is worth 1500$, then a Mac Pro is worth it... and yes, for some people, it is worth 1500$. Just be mindful... you are paying 1500$ (in the Mac Pro's situation, above).

Comment

Working...
          X