Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is FMOD compatible with UDK?

Hi

I'm gaving problems gettings this verified or not. I've seen information saying it's not, but FMOD lists Unreal Engine as one of their partners? Is UDK and Unreal Engine not the same thing? Counld someone clarify?

Thanks

UDK is a special free version of the engine. The actual Unreal Engine as "real" developers use it costs more than you probably earn if you are asking this question.

Comment

UDK is just UE3 WITHOUT PS3/360 dev tools. FMOD Ex IS included, in dll form, but you could go download the designer from fmod.org.

Comment

Hm REALLY? I was playing with FMOD a while back, but I'm not good at C++. Well this will explain how it's doing reverb spheres and stuff as well as sound geometry.

I have the FMOD Designer, but how do I get my files I export from there into UDK? I've created some pretty cool music setups in designer so it'd be cool to get those in UDK too.

Comment

FMod is not included in UDK.

Comment

Obviously it isnt included....but using it with UDK...ppl are quick to say things cant be done before trying. I would like to use it as well but thats another think added to my list to test with UDK.

Comment

I asked the FMOD guys at GDC about this since they were showcasing their new Unreal Engine 3 support on the show floor. Here's what I was personally told:

"...unfortunately that's not possible right now. Our Unreal integration is quite deep (we replace the entire Unreal sound engine) and it requires you to be able to rebuild Unreal from source.

We may have a solution for this in the future (if Epic is willing) but, for now, no dice I'm afraid."

Hopefully this clarifies the issue for you guys. I was upset too, believe me, but at least there's hope for the future.

@StingReay: UDK is not UE3 minus console development tools. It is the complete Unreal Engine 3 development suite, sans the ability to rebuild source code, restricting you to UnrealScript and DLLBind access only. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Comment

pl are quick to say things cant be done before trying
                Because some things can't be done without the source and there's no sense is trying it.

Comment

Working...
                X