Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
    I'm confused as to what people mean by "project manager".
    It's a person that uses MS Project (or alike) to create Gantt charts, and also opens .ini files to make a few changes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks.. i´m understanding..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
    You run the UDK Installer, give it a new folder name, and now you have a new project.
    I don't even do that, just copy/paste the UDK folder, not like it needs the registry entries

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can see there are many ways to create a new project....

Thank you..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Space9 View Post
    maybe i´m wrong, and i´m asking too much...... i followed a tutorial how to set an empty project but I got problems... because that i was saying all that above.... i wondering maybe you have a great tutorial that can help the people who cannot do a new project...... that musn´t be hard to do.. ..

you probably are a coder and things turns easy for you... .. nice !..
    Mike
    You run the UDK Installer, give it a new folder name, and now you have a new project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
    I'm confused as to what people mean by "project manager".
    Yeah, they want to be able to make a new game by clicking File->New, is what I get out of it.

Rather than just running hte UDK installer again, and specifying a new directory to start with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe i´m wrong, and i´m asking too much...... i followed a tutorial how to set an empty project but I got problems... because that i was saying all that above.... i wondering maybe you have a great tutorial that can help the people who cannot do a new project...... that musn´t be hard to do.. ..

you probably are a coder and things turns easy for you... .. nice !..
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Besides, you don't need to know the engine to be able to extract the assets.

Originally posted by Piranhi View Post
    Actually, CryEngine has a very similar concept already, it's called FlowGraph.

http://doc.crymod.com/SandboxManual/...aphEditor.html
    And honestly it's easier to use than Kismet--but unfortunately you have to do a lot of stuff in there that you don't have to do with UDK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what happend Crystalcore, UDK has kismet the easiest things never seen (no others engine have something similar),
    Actually, CryEngine has a very similar concept already, it's called FlowGraph.

http://doc.crymod.com/SandboxManual/...aphEditor.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ceiling Cat View Post
    What I am concerned about with the obvious folder structure is that anyone can see what kind of an engine this is, and rip my assets easily.
    You shouldn't be worried about people finding out your engine, you should be proud to be using UDK, the folder is the last of your worries. Theres a big UDK logo that pops up when your start the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something like the frontend to create an empty project..
    what happend Crystalcore, UDK has kismet the easiest things never seen (no others engine have something similar), and we must to set the ini files for new project?.. that is the point... udk has ease things and other no logics things... we are "trying" to say that would be good to make a nooby button saying "create a new project" no more than that... that is NOT for a non game developer, if that could like this, Unity, Sheva, Torque, LeadWerks, would not have that option..... okey?
    Game development will and always will be about putting in hard work to figure out new and interesting ways to do things. If you can't edit a few .ini files you dont have the right mindset. So they give you a 'nooby' button to create a project, then people will start asking for a 'make art' button.

Learn the tools that are provided, if you can't be bothered to edit the ini files then your in the wrong place.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you be a little more vague?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What I am concerned about with the obvious folder structure is that anyone can see what kind of an engine this is, and rip my assets easily.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think some of them mean something like a properties window in the UDK that allows them to set some of the .ini settings through a GUI. Which to be honest would be nice, not needed by any means, but nice like how hotkeys are nice to have. Since editing .ini files is an ongoing task through out the project.

Others something that sets up the UDK and names everything they way they want and allows them to switch between multiple projects. Which seems a waste since you only do it at the beginning and it's easy enough to just have multiple UDK installs.

Yet others seem to boil it down to a series of checkboxes and a short multiple choice survey that when complete pops out your finished game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what happend Crystalcore, UDK has kismet the easiest things never seen (no others engine have something similar), and we must to set the ini files for new project?.. that is the point... udk has ease things and other no logics things... we are "trying" to say that would be good to make a nooby button saying "create a new project" no more than that... that is NOT for a non game developer, if that could like this, Unity, Sheva, Torque, LeadWerks, would not have that option..... okey?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X