Plug and Play Flying Elephant Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I'm trying to make a hovercraft like vehicle. I have this custom vehicle that is hovering around a map just fine on a flat surface and when it is going up a ramp. But when the vehicle is going down the ramp, it is flying in the air a bit and slowly falling down. I want to have it so that when it is going down the ramp, it stays close to the ramp and is not flying in the air and slowly falling down. Please help.

Comment

dont know
      you could try messing with CustomGravityScaling
      its 0.8 in the manta, set it to 1 and it should fall like a car, dont know if it will ruin the hover effect though

Comment

I replace Elephant and rename (copy) files to new package. When I enter the vehicle, camera is not on it and can only rotate even if vehicle moves. How can I change it?

Comment

double click the skelital mesh in the browser
          top menu on the window that appears
          mesh > socket manager
          new socket > ok
          socket name = GunViewSocket
          press ok
          this is where the camera will pivot, move it where you want

Comment

Set GunViewSocket don't change anything...

Comment

are you sure youv done it right?
              check the original

Comment

ViewSocket works.

How to change material. Material from SkeletalMesh on game is different.

Comment

in UTVehicle_Elephant_Content
                  everywhere it says

VH_Cicada.Materials.MI_VH_Cicada_Red
                  and
                  VH_Cicada.Materials.MI_VH_Cicada_Blue

change it to your material, it seems like it has to be a MaterialInstanceConstant

Comment

Send me the obj or the uv mapand I'll texture it for U.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
                      Send me the obj or the uv mapand I'll texture it for U.
                      thanks for the offer
                      its this model (i think), the purple elephant on that page,
                      http://www.3dvalley.com/models/models_animals.shtml

if you do texture it ill re-do the flying elephant pack and update the first post.

Comment

Thanks Tegleg, it's work. because of you i learn more things in UDK.
                        now i can do my project for assignment.

Comment

Hey Tegleg, thanks for making all you have

So far, I've been trying to create a hovercycle using the Manta code. I've basically done the same thing you've done with the Cicada code, except I'm not so sure about socket and bone placement in the code- the only one I could find was one under "Seats" labelled "CameraTag" which I renamed to use a socket I made for it. I'm not really sure what's going on, but when I try to use the hovercycle, it immediately blows up.

I'm not really that good at scripting, so any help would be great! Specifically, where you have to add which bones/sockets are used and how. Otherwise it seems to work fine.

PS: I first used your script with my skeletal mesh, which worked except that the camera would stay in the middle of the level and the hovercycle would be flat on its side.
                          This is what I've got goin' on, if you're wondering:

Comment

wow nice looking hover bike
                            i had a similar issue with a vehicle blowing up.
                            turned out is was because there was a bone referenced somewhere in the code that i didnt have.
                            search the code for 'bone' and have a look at the names you find, most likely in DefaultProperties.
                            is your main parent bone named the same as the manta?

another reason this can happen is the scale, if its on a larger scale than the manta it could be spawning slightly in the ground.
                            also in the vehicle factory there is a Z offset you could try changing - Translation=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-70.0)

most likely a rogue bone name though.

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
                              thanks for the offer
                              its this model (i think), the purple elephant on that page,
                              http://www.3dvalley.com/models/models_animals.shtml

if you do texture it ill re-do the flying elephant pack and update the first post.

Tegleg, hello do you have still the elephant package with the Scripts? If you have it, can you reupload it please?!!! I was looking for something like that please.

I wonder if you can , please bye

thanks a lot!

Comment

Oh I did not see the post date 2010 .

I think you have it no more , sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X