Will we ever see the UDK on ps3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we ever see the UDK on ps3?

it just occured to me how wonderful it would be to create a game in the udk then cook it for ps3 like is already possible for ut3

so epic how about it will you ever release ps3 tools for the UDK ?

It would be nice, although I'd prefer for the Xbox because I don't like the PS3. I'm not totally sure how platform conversion works, but I think that you would need the source.

Comment

UT3 does it like this but i'd like a button that says "package for ps3" then voila a nice new file appears that i can copy to my usb stick, plug in my ps3 and i got a new game

Comment

I wouldn't expect to see it any time soon.

Comment

Huh. I never knew that, I guess I never made a mod that crossed over. On the engine I'm using we have to basically rewrite the engine according to the programmers, not sure if they know what they're talking about though.

Comment

would it work like this...technically udk is the unreal 3 editor. the same editor used by pro software company's without the source, just the binary, so if you where to give all assets and work done in the unreal editor and then converted it with source code it should be able to swap your game into different formats example would be xbox..I think that is the only way you could do it..but will epic release a version of udk with ps3 or xbox 360 format probably not..it would make more sense to them to convert your udk project into xbox or ps3 when you buy a full license..

Comment

Not only that, but you are also going to need a Sony Developer's License to develop for that system... So, as cool as it would be, as much as people want it, and even IF Epic decided to do it, you would still need a license from Sony.

Comment

Working...
              X