Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorial Homepage !!!

hey all together,

a friend of mine is currently setting up a homepage/forum for UDK tutorials.
    in some days there will be a prerelease, but wait several weeks for the final version.
    BUT!
    we need your help for this. if anyone of you has made or will make tutorials for UDK, please tell us wether we could use them...in the final website, you'll be able to register and upload own tuts, and there will also be a forum so you can discuss about UDK and the tutorials. if you could give us some tutorials we'll use them for the prerelease so that the homepage isn't to empty. of course we will link to your hp or where your tutorial is and we'll name you. this intends to expand the UDK community.

and please tell us wether you have special wishes for this homepage!

thx
    havoc

ps: we'll tell you the internet address as soon as we have a tentative design

you mean, as opposed to the site that Epic maintains on UDN specifically for this purpose?

Just remember, that you need to make sure you follow the legal guidelines for referring to Epic's trademarks and copyrights.

mods: voting on this leads me to some post about lightning guns in some mod or something, on the UT forums..

Comment

but we don't wanna make something like UDN, we want to make/get/provide mainly video tuts...because there are many ppl who asked for vid tuts...

i don't know what's ging on with the poll, but well...

Comment

I personally think, it could be interesting to have a community focusing on video tutorials. Thing is, that it's true that there are tons of tutorials out there, but you know, it's never enough.

Two people can make the same thing in two different ways you know, and sometimes only one of the way is needed, or both, or a third one.

I would just advise to make sure you are clear when it comes to the legal things with Epic, and you should be fine.

As for the poll - it moves you over to a post with the same poll, only on the Epic Games forums. I don't know what the post is about (the other one), but the poll there, is the same one as this one here... Not sure what this whole thing is about thou.

Comment

we don't really need anymore tutorials on basic stuff. like if your new to UDK i found it's best to watch.
          gnomonworkshop udk videos first.
          Then watch Eat3d videos.
          An next move onto the top-down game vtms from 3dbuzz.

So we need advance tutorials now like unrealscripting, animtree etc..

Comment

My point is simply that Epic has a page that they are using specifically for this purpose. Why duplicate that effort? There's already a ton of tutorials that are out there, they should all be collected into one place, and Epic has already made a place to do that ...

Comment

@Mokomani
              yeah but have you thought about that we might don't only want tuts about "basic stuff"...

@Blade[UG]
              yeah they do, but they don't have video tuts for everything and that's the point...there are lots of ppl who would like to have vids for that stuff instead of hundreds of pages...

Comment

yay video tuts. <_<

http://forecourse.com/unreal-tutorials/

Feel free to link to my site from your 'tentative design', however mirroring my content will induce some serious fist shaking.

Comment

thanks Allar ...that helps

Comment

In addition to the "official" tutorials, they also have the new community page as well..

anyway, just make sure you're not running afoul of the licensing

Comment

Ok, I understand there are a number of tutorials (both video and text), but they need to organized in some fashion. You could spend 20 minutes just searching around for different things without a clue of organization.

I appreciate your idea, and would love to see something like:

1) Beginners area
                      -Basic Shapes
                      - Lighting
                      - Programs that work alongside UDK (Photoshop, Maya)
                      2) Intermediate

Etc., etc.

Comment

Hey Havoc, did you get my pm about this?

Comment

yeah i replied to you
                          do you have tuts, too?

are does anyone else have tuts for us? or resources, e.g. models, textures, materials, etc. ?

Comment

Not yet, but I'll be making some soon. Video and Text

Comment

If you need hosting, I can provide it.

Comment

Working...
                              X