• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    lol I try not to disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go Go KazeoHin!! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ****, That 'Wet Shading" crytek video is VERRY similar to something I had gotten done, but was hiding for 'wow' factor in one of my future projects... ****! I guess I'll just have to make it better...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks good nice foliage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, this is them showing off the Editor quite a while back, there's a few other videos dotted around as well, but I think this one really shows the power of 'what you see is what you play'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXBiaWrn48Y

Edit: This one is meant to be from this years GDC - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Dc59N4WcU

Edit2: Wet lighting - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2NA...eature=related 2:12 onwards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
    Well if that's true its developers should also give us new graphics cards for free. Cryengine one was the most unoptimised engine I ever seen.
    funny. I was able to play it with my 9500 nvida card even thought it's a 55 € card. Anyway it's still true that cryengine light still has no match, plus you should look at the cryengine 3still running pretty well on ps3 and xbox.

I wish we could get some shadow mapping in udk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Piranhi View Post
    Well Cryengine3 claims to be the only engine to run everything fully dynamic, even with hundreds of lights and objects.
    Well if that's true its developers should also give us new graphics cards for free. Cryengine one was the most unoptimised engine I ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
    And here I come to ask...
    How on earth did they manage to keep the frame rate in a reasonable level with all those real time shadows? (If they did).
    I believe I was looking at this same level at nvidia's GDC booth in 3D using nvidia's stereoscopic 3d vision; so they were pushing 120fps.

That may have something to do with the new DX11 cards they were showing off however. Their hardware tessellation looks so **** amazing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uncharted anyone!?
    Nice !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UDK has that too, remember? Whole scene dynamic shadow radius in the dominant light's properties, anyone?
    It looks really awesome with swaying trees and plants.

Edit: it seems that people said this few posts ago >_>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Global illumination is likely static. The shadows will be either dynamic or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sueds View Post
    I4m not sure but I think there some global illumination... If this is GI there is no way it's dynamic. I hope it is, I really hope, but I don't want to be disappointed.
    Yes it's possible from Febuary build. DirectionalDominantLight have option to make dynamic shadows to certain distance and they recive GI.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iniside View Post
    I mean they are dynamic to certain distance, after that they are static.
    I4m not sure but I think there some global illumination... If this is GI there is no way it's dynamic. I hope it is, I really hope, but I don't want to be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    Judging by how the map is shadowed, the demo shots do seem to include mostly dynamic shadowing. You can tell by how it is drawn.
    I mean they are dynamic to certain distance, after that they are static.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iniside View Post
    I don't think they are fully dynamic.
    Judging by how the map is shadowed, the demo shots do seem to include mostly dynamic shadowing. You can tell by how it is drawn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X