No sound in UDK "Game"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound in UDK "Game"

So the udk comes with some part of Unreal Tournament to be played, but is it always the case that it has no sound? I can't hear anything, nor can I find where to mess with the settings. I haven't made a map yet, but is this true for the map as well?

Same thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=719844

What version of windows are you using. Soundcard? Is your drivers up to date?

Comment

Using Windows Vista "Ultimate"

"ATI High Definition Audio Device"
      "Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 79)"

Both are showing up as up-to-date

Comment

I have heard that if you have more than one sound card (Internal MB and Sound card for example) it will select the first one, being the MB.

Also I have heard that switching your sound settings to 5.1 helps. The UDK Sound system is.. interesting at its current state. Cannot define which device to use

Comment

More than likely it will be true. The games will run off the same .ini settings.

if you dont have a 2 speaker or at least a 5.1 setup, the Xaudio engine doesn't initialize, it is a known issue since the first build (for me at least). Check your speaker settings in control panel and change them to one of those - stereo or 5.1, whichever more closely matches your setup.

add -log to the path in your shorcut for the game if you want to see what is exactly going on (or not going on).

Comment

I use 2 sound cards myself both made for pro-audio recording and both supporting only stereo but no problems over here although I use the second one as master device.
            So, I don't think it has anything to do with his card but rather the audio settings in windows or any kind of software coming with the card.

Kind of weird issue really... Just out of curiosity. Does UDK's VU meter at the windows audio mixer shows any action?

Comment

The internet is awesome. thanks you guys. Had to turn it to stereo

Comment

Stereo and 5.1 work, 2.1, quadro, 7.1 do not

Comment

Working...
                X