Suggestion regarding decolayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion regarding decolayer

Right now it's rather hard to use the decolayer tool to create woodland or anything like that, mainly because of how it places the speedtrees/static meshes. If the density is high enough (even density of 3 is enough), the trees and other stuff are placed on the same spot. Then you'll have two or more trees z-fighting on the same spot.

Would it be possible to improve it so, that the placement algorithm would check if there is anything on spot X, if not, place it there. Something like a collision check based on the collision primitives.

I don't know how it actually works, I'm just throwing a suggestion.

Check its settings and tweak them a bit so that it'll place your decos more x% randomly on terrain.

Comment

It doesn't really place them randomly, they still get placed between terrain quads
      And I was just suggesting that feature, I know you can tweak the settings and I have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
        It doesn't really place them randomly, they still get placed between terrain quads
        And I was just suggesting that feature, I know you can tweak the settings and I have done that.
        I'll be doing the decos in a level tonight or tomorrow in the worst of cases. I remember there was a problem with two or more trees spawning at the same place, I can't recall what I did to fix it during the tests though.
        I'll update you on this if a solution won't come up untill then.

EDIT:
        Okay, after some testing with my level...
        Have you tried tweaking "Translation" and "Rand seed"?
        That solves the issue for me. No trees spawning at the same place and at the same time it makes decos looking more randomly placed on the map.

Comment

Working...
        X