No announcement yet.

[request] full fps tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like other people said, there's no need of a tutorial for something that is already there.

Now, if you want to change the sounds or hud you can simply tweak the existed code instead of writting a new one from scratch...
    It would be like buying a new car just because its tires are old and need to be replaced.

Even if you 're obsessed with the idea of making it from scratch, all you have to do is to copy the DM code partially and just re-write the audio and hud part. Can't be any simpler really.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
      It starts out AS a FPS. You don't need to DO anything to make it a FPS..

I know, but how to get rid the UIScene of UTGame? That basically I want to ask. After I compile the game, there will be UIScene of UTGame.

Basically what is the important .uc that I should create to make FPS?
      Can I just copy the code from UTGame?

For example for my pawn, can I copy from UTPawn?

Comment

There is no "important .uc" they all do something and a game is made up of the combination of them. Chopping the UT out of the UT classes while still retaining the parts of its functionality that I wanted was a long and arduous process that has taken me weeks, and I'm still finding bugs that I introduced from it.

And as people have been pointing out repeatedly it's already an FPS.

There is no UIScene of UTGame. The main menu is launched as part of the default map which is controlled by the .ini files.

You can ignore, copy from, or inherit from UTPawn, all depends on what you're trying to do. Copying parts from will give you more freedom, but I will warn you be prepared to do the same to Weapon, PlayerController, InventoryManager, HUD, WeaponAttachment, and a whole host of other classes. As soon as you replace one you've almost got to replace them all as they all cast to each other.

You do understand inheritance right? If not then please put down the UDK and go learn some basic object oriented programming before bothering, you're only going to get frustrated and not accomplish anything unless you know the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaze View Post
          You do understand inheritance right? If not then please put down the UDK and go learn some basic object oriented programming before bothering, you're only going to get frustrated and not accomplish anything unless you know the basics.
          I know what it means. But I'm not a programmer, that is why I'm asking the tutorial on it.

Most of you were saying,
          "no need a tutorial on it, because it is a FPS game,,"

If you know how to do that, please share it. Because a designer like me do not know how to do it.

This is forum is for, right?

Please help me.

Comment

It starts out AS a FPS. You don't need to DO anything to make it a FPS..
            yeah right but making a mod and creating a game is whole different thing. Hacking some code is probably the way you want to go if you want fast result but you'll end up on a forum asking how to do that and that. Knowing the process just by copying isn't the always the way to go.

I see your point but udk isn't just unreal mod. At least I hope to see game a little bit different than unreal.

Back to topic as people mention you don't have to do anything to make an fps so maybe I should add than you should read through the code. There is a lot of information in it.

Comment

Originally posted by riowahab View Post
              I know, but how to get rid the UIScene of UTGame? That basically I want to ask. After I compile the game, there will be UIScene of UTGame.

Basically what is the important .uc that I should create to make FPS?
              Can I just copy the code from UTGame?

For example for my pawn, can I copy from UTPawn?
              exactly which "uiscene" part is it that you want to remove?

Comment

exactly which "uiscene" part is it that you want to remove?
                all of it. I want to make a new UIScene for my game.

Comment

so, make a new UIScene, and then open it in your start map

Comment

so, make a new UIScene, and then open it in your start map
                    your answer is the BEST, and it SOLVED all my problem.

thank you

Comment

is there anyway to make a new button?

I tried to make new button with new style on the UI editor, but why the style is gone when I closed the game? do I need to save it? Because I already save the packaged.

Comment

Working...
                      X