X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK has a ps3 support? :D~

look what ive found!~

So the rumors are true ^^

//or is it just a leftover from the ue3-engine?

Yours
    Black2key

I would presume a left over. They could enable it for us I guess, but I'm sure Sony would have a word with them. There is strict governance on who can touch, see and develop for each of the respective consoles. Microsoft I been told is the most relaxed.

Comment

It'd be a bit of a challenge to get it working without Ps3 development tools....

Comment

The PS3/Xbox thing should also become a sticky.

Comment

UnrealEd is generally ready for Xbox360 and PS3 development, but you need special tools for it. PS3 tools are only available for UT3, Xbox360 tools aren't available publicly at all.

Comment

Well look at that articel:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony...elopment-tools

If they are minimizing the costs for there developing tools..where is maybe a chance they allow epic games maybe 1 or 2 tools too.
            Just guessing.

Comment

If you made a project with UDK and wanted to port it over to a console, there couldn't be any better way to both show off the project, and have it ready for an easy conversion. My project is adult in nature, so that's not an option, but if I was to want to make a game for the consoles I would do it in UDK and then use that to get funding/sponsors for an actual console release.

Comment

Originally posted by Forsaken View Post
                Well look at that articel:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony...elopment-tools

If they are minimizing the costs for there developing tools..where is maybe a chance they allow epic games maybe 1 or 2 tools too.
                Just guessing.
                What ARE you talking about?

Comment

I'm more interested in what the recent 'Mobile' references in the UDK code are... :S

Comment

They'll be references to the iPhone version of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Baphomeh View Post
                      My project is adult in nature, so that's not an option, but if I was to want to make a game for the consoles I would do it in UDK and then use that to get funding/sponsors for an actual console release.
                      Do you mean like an adult game as in *****, or like with mature themes? Because if it's dealing with mature themes then it's what the console manufactures want. Too many people see video games as child's toys. That's why Sony has games like Heavy Rain and God of War made.

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski View Post
                        I'm more interested in what the recent 'Mobile' references in the UDK code are... :S
                        I agree, UDK-Mobile or UDK-Lite or somthing on phones would be great step and somthing I drool over.

Comment

originally posted by micahpharoh
                          Do you mean like an adult game as in *****, or like with mature themes? Because if it's dealing with mature themes then it's what the console manufactures want. Too many people see video games as child's toys. That's why Sony has games like Heavy Rain and God of War made.
                          Sort of like "Ghost in The Shell/Heavy Metal/Akira" sort of Adult, which did involve sexual content in addition to mature themes (death/violence). The amount of sex is similar to the references I gave (Conan the movie is another good reference) but it isnt just mature as in death/violence (yet not as mindless sex like ***** or even second life for that matter)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Polaris View Post
                            I agree, UDK-Mobile or UDK-Lite or somthing on phones would be great step and somthing I drool over.
                            I already said what it is - it's a reference to the iPhone version of the engine. It's not for UDK however, it's just like the PS3 references; they're more for licensees.

Comment

Well, What you see is Baking for PS3's libgcm and XENON(The Technical name for the XBOX 360 API). UDK does not contain the neccary tools for PS3 and 360 development, Exceutables, System, Libraries, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X