Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
    Dehron_Samiel you really should do a search! There are about 20-30 different posts with people asking the same thing.
    Content transfer between UT3 and UDK is not allowed simply because UDK is not a UT3 editor but a UE3 engine and editor made for stand alone games creation!
    My apologies. I suppose if I spent more of my life trolling forums I might know the etiquette.

By the way, any thoughts on the rest of my post?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dehron_Samiel you really should do a search! There are about 20-30 different posts with people asking the same thing.
    Content transfer between UT3 and UDK is not allowed simply because UDK is not a UT3 editor but a UE3 engine and editor made for stand alone games creation!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Content issues...

Content issues...

I grabbed the UDK and I've been looking at the "Content Browser" and there appears to be less (or different) content in the UDK. Perhaps there is a way to bring the UT3 stuff over, but when I tried to do it I just got a bunch of errors that said "That package is already loaded". This blows because the one that is loaded up in the UDK doesn't have nearly the same amount of stuff that is in the UT3 UPK file of the same name.

On the bright side the UDK has additional content that was in Gears and was not in UT3.

Though, (totally going off on a tangent in my own thread) I think this brings to light a greater issue that I have with Epic. Those of you that make your own content and have been using the Unreal Engine for years are going to flame me for saying this, but I don't think that Epic has created a very simple system for adding, updating, finding, creating new packages/content.

Perhaps this is because Epic doesn't care about my demographic (my demographic by the way is the guy that likes to make sweet levels for free and share them with other people). My demographic just wants a huge suite of content that has already been created (which they sort of have) and a place to go to find more free content (which they totally don't have).

Look at LittleBigPlanet for example. Yes, I understand its a completely different type of game, but they have the right idea. It's super easy to create and share content.

Right now, I'm working on this huge oriental-themed level and I can only find a few static meshes in the UT3 stuff. Considering how big the Unreal community is (much bigger than the LittleBigPlanet community) there should be gobbs and gobbs of oriental-themed content available.

The traditional answer I get is "make some stuff in 3DS Max" or "just re-texture the assets that already come with UT3". And my traditional response is "I'm not an artist" and "that's lame".

Every time I make posts about this topic it is typically in the hopes that some will say "Well, have you checked out www.whereepickeepsallthegoodstuff.com" and then I go there and my mind is completely blown with how wrong I was. However, what is going to happen is everyone is going to say "deal with it".
Working...
X