Assets bundled with UDK tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assets bundled with UDK tutorials

i have been searching the udk forums and documentation for a week or so now and i have not found anything relating to the assets that come with udk.
    my approach to learning a new thing like this usualy starts with some back engineering, then when i reach a brick wall, ill have a look at some tutorials specific to the problem im having.
    however, with udk, i cant find anything relating to the bundled assets at all.
    so much of the work has already been done it seems stupid not to use it.
    its a very complex program and i just dont want to start making a game from scratch right now.
    perhaps i have just missed the section or website?

The assets bundled with it are more or less the same as what you get in UT3. You can therefore learn a significant amount from UT3 related tutorials. I'm not sure what kind of tutorials you are looking for, "asset tutorials" is rather vague. How to use the existing models, textures etc is really no different than how you would use custom ones, you also haven't described what you ARE familiar with at this time, so I'm having a hard time understanding your problem from your wording.

Comment

I should add that what you probably want to do before making a game is learn to make a map. there are plenty of tutorials for that. Try Hourences website.

Comment

ok thanks
        i dont want to make a map or anything else just yet
        idealy i would like something like:
        'how to make a game using the bundled assets'
        similar to the 'the ball' tutorial in that it takes you from start to finish (but in a more coherent fashion)
        but using the maps, vehicles, weapons and everything else that comes with udk
        and perhaps informaion about the assets themselves
        or how to add paticular assets
        things like that

Comment

Working...
        X