How can I mesh paint to fracture mesh??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I mesh paint to fracture mesh??

I can't mesh paint to fracture mesh , the wall if normal static mesh , can use mesh paint , but if fracture mesh , can't to mesh paint , how can I mesh paint to fracture wall ? ?
    if the wall , have fracture physics , and can be mesh paint... perfect ..! ^_^

I think this relates to the Fracture tool creating new vertices "on the fly", which can't be painted on easily. I'm not certain if mesh painting is possible at all for dynamic entities (particle meshes, skeletal meshes, etc.).

What are you trying to achieve with painted fracture meshes?

Comment

thank your ans... ^_^
      I already to try other mesh kind , cloth / softbody / fracture meshes can't to mesh painting , of crouse the material already create lerp to effect texture 1 and 2 , same the advance mesh Vertex Painting Utube Video to do , and perfect to static mesh , but cloth / softbody / fracture meshes can't to mesh Vertex painting , yes , I certain if mesh painting is possible at all for dynamic entities . so UE3 can't mesh painting to any dynamic entities

UMMM... I am Disappointed because can't to create the fracture + physX Destructible + mesh vectex paint perfect wall ...

maybe the solution is use photoshop to paint some slime to wall texture , and then make normal map , but if my level have more more fracture wall , I must create more more different slime wall texture.

Comment

The fracture tool is still a WIP as I understand it. There is technically nothing stopping the tool from dynamically changing the vertex colors that it creates, the only likely issue would be for an artist to have control over these colors, which would require the verts to not be dynamically generated, and thus you could achieve the same effect with a slightly altered fracture tool that just handles the impact and animation/physics work.

The other option would be a procedurally generated vertex coloring algorithm which could handle things like varying the color/sat/dirt/damage on a mesh well enough.

Both require the tools and engine people to write the interfaces to be able to be used with UDK. A full UE3 license could likely implement this functionality, but this is me speculating.

Comment

Working...
        X