Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editor exporter

Hi,

when i export my level with obj format in UDK for 3DMAX,only mesh data will export and i have not the texures.what must i do?

can i have FBX export in UDK?

So thanks.

Miladigs UDK won't import any textures with the mesh simply because they must prior be converted into materials. So import them as textures and use the material editor in UDK. The reason for that is that UDK's material editor offers more ways of improving the quality of your materials for a game comparing to max or other 3d apps.
    Plus you said "Your Level". The recomended way of creating a level in a game engine is the modular way. Creating the entire level in a 3d app isn't really the best thing you can do for many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
      Miladigs UDK won't import any textures with the mesh simply because they must prior be converted into materials. So import them as textures and use the material editor in UDK. The reason for that is that UDK's material editor offers more ways of improving the quality of your materials for a game comparing to max or other 3d apps.
      Plus you said "Your Level". The recomended way of creating a level in a game engine is the modular way. Creating the entire level in a 3d app isn't really the best thing you can do for many reasons.

i do not want import to udk,i want export from udk to 3Dapp.for example i want export my level that i created in udk editor to a 3dapp.when i do it with OBJ format,only mesh data will export and textures will not export.

so thanks.

Comment

There is no other way.
        May I ask why would you want to export a whole level into 3rd party app?

Comment

because udk editor is powerfull,i want create my level in this editor and export it to my engine.do u know a editor as wel as udk editor that have fbx export?

so thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X