What is this for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this for?

I clicked on this Button (see image), and now UDK will no longer work!, what is this for? I have lost two weeks work because I clicked on this ha ha ha, is this a joke or something? I noticed that it was not in the Nov/Dec versions, only Jan/Feb 2010 versions.

Originally posted by falconian View Post

I clicked on this Button (see image), and now UDK will no longer work!, what is this for? I have lost two weeks work because I clicked on this ha ha ha, is this a joke or something? I noticed that it was not in the Nov/Dec versions, only Jan/Feb 2010 versions.
    That button apparently attempts to connect you to source control. It is new with the Feb beta. I can reproduce the crash (probably happens if source control isn't configured?). You can stop the crashing by deleting the UT*.ini files, so presumably it sets something in them that causes a repeat of the source control connection attempt when you start the editor.

Comment

no I can't start the editor anymore, I have lost two weeks work because I was curious ha ha ha, even if I reinstall on top, it still don't work, shame. as the level I was designing, took alot of work, but you live and learn by mistakes ha ha ha ha.
      thanks for the fast reply, let me know if it ever works.

Comment

Immortius...... wow, I like the sounds of your "Nightblade" game, are you going to convert it to UDK? been to your site to check it out.

Comment

Adding

Code:
          [SourceControl]
          Disabled=True
          to UTEditorUserSettings.ini in the UTGame\Config directory should let you use the editor again (worked for me).

With Nightblade, I have actually moved it over to UDK but haven't decided whether to continue with the project beyond that.

Comment

I do allot of work in Photoshop and Illustrator and also Premier pro, If I can help in anyway, it would be nice to get involved with a team dedicated to completing a game, as I am unemployed, I have allot of time on my hands, I am at present creating my own Textures for my own levels in UDK, I'm new to this sort of thing (game development) but I can assure you, I would most certainly dedicate the time needed to create game content with any team that would take this serious.

I do have a website you can see some of my old work, but I have not uploaded anything to do with game development at the moment, I have a video on Utube, on my first attempt at using UDK.

My old artwork
            www.Artwanted.com/falconian

Utube video of first attempt at UDK
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YI4aSap7Kk

Most of the textures are from UDK in the video, but I am updating it with my own textures, and I will be uploading the new version at a later date in the future.

Anyway, let me know if I can help in any way.

All the best and thanks for the help.

Keith.

Comment

I have just checked the file you asked me to change, but it already has [SourceControl]
              Disabled=True

I have actually installed it to a new Hard drive, it seems to work fine, I will just make sure that I don't press that button again ha ha ha ha, has anyone reported this to Epic yet? or am I the first Idiot to press that button lol?

I have not yet deleted the original version I installed, just in case I can get back my level design some time in the future.

Comment

Well, you could just move your maps and packages across to the working version.

Comment

Falconian I fell upon the same issue a couple of days ago.
                  UDK wouldn't start no matter what after that button. So I just re-unstalled it and the problem was gone

Comment

ThePriest909..... yea I know, I had to reinstall it to a different location in the end, but I would love to know what exactly this button does, because I get some messages when saving all, that are linked to this in some way.

When I "save all" in UDK I get this message:

The following packages were saved but are writable and not checked out. This means they are out of sync with source control:
                    keithybaby_3

Keithybaby3 being my level.

I think it is some sort of new implementation for UDK, I just can't find any documentation that points to this button.

thank.

Keith.

Comment

I got the same message popping up a couple of times prior to that issue. In any case though it didn't affect my content and my packages were saved as usually.

Comment

Working...
                      X