• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMORPG on UDK + Atlas

UDK + Atlas = MMORPG ?

http://www.epicgameschina.com/tech/t..._overview.html

this can work ???

thx for help only need answer i know mmorpg = fail

Ask them if you want a 100% accurate answer.

Comment

I don't get what you're asking, but given your little equation I would say yes given that it says: "Consisting of persistent world server technology and MMOG content creation and management tools, Atlas Technology provides developers with a solid foundation on which to quickly and cost-effectively build, manage and operate MMOGs, casual and session based games, and community and e-commerce applications."

But for some reason I don't think that it is being aimed at the UDK.

Comment

I don't get what you're asking, but given your little equation I would say yes given that it says: "Consisting of persistent world server technology and MMOG content creation and management tools, Atlas Technology provides developers with a solid foundation on which to quickly and cost-effectively build, manage and operate MMOGs, casual and session based games, and community and e-commerce applications."
        rly i can read but i ask you like experts for opinion?

when you use this atlas + free version udk you can make mmorpg?

only answer y or n

and somebody work on this atlas?

Comment

Atlas probably is commercial grady stuff, so it will probably work. And it will probably cost ****loads of money too. You want to shell out 10 000 dollars to make a MMORPG all by yourself? :P

Seriously though: I don't know if you can get middleware's to work with UDK. It could require access to source code, because I seriously doubt there is just some "middleware" folder where you place that and flip a switch.

Comment

I barely understand what you're saying.

But probably not, Atlas will probably be at minimum $10k for licensing and since you will in all probability need the source code to integrate it, you would need a full license for U3E since the UDK doesn't have the source code.

If you just want to make an MMO and not put very much work into it, look at an engine called Shiva, it's made by StoneTrip.

Comment

more mmo good engine?

thx for help

Comment

Most engines aren't designed for an MMO because for the most part it would be useless for marketing. It would be an inhouse engine developed by the company for their game, not designed for commercial marketing because very few people make MMO's successfully, even though the world is filled with people who want to make one but provide no detail in what they can do and are usually barely understandable in their requests/demands for information; and it would be a lot easier to design the engine inhouse than to buy one because that way you could incorporate just the features that you need, whereas if you buy one it won't have everything you want, or it'll have more than you want or can use. The only thing you're probably going to find with an Indie license is an engine that is, like Shiva, not designed for an MMO, just has a system included that allows for that size of online play. Alternately you could look into something like the C4 engine, which gives you the source, so you could modify that and design a client and server, or go find a few grand (like 50?) and buy a suitable engine that a company is willing to sell.

Honestly given your grammar and complete lack of information and consistent demands, I'm impressed you even know what an engine is.

Comment

I am having extreme difficulty understanding what you are trying to say. Was that a question you just asked? If so, could you explain it to me?

Comment

He wants an engine so he can make an MMORGP I think, and is under the belief that Atlas will be usable with the UDK and I BELIEVE, although this part is speculation, he really really wants a Staple's Easy Button that will give him a great MMO engine and most of the game done. Or he's just being a douche and annoying people which at this point is more likely since I just gave him information for a perfectly suitable engine for an indie studio to use to develop an MMO.

Comment

You, sir, just made my night.

Comment

I'm going to go shoot myself now since my mind may have very well collapsed in my translations of what has been written here in today's little debacle.

Comment

thx for help

you think atlas or other program will help to make on udk engine mmorpg game for few months?? or 1 year?

Comment

LoL xD I just love this thread! Rolling on the floor over here xD

Now seriously Lajza, creating an MMOrg doesn't require just an engine. Are you so certain that you fulfill all the other requirements and the only thing missing is an engine?
                            If so, get in contact directly with Epic Games because most probably you're gon'a need the source code and UDK is not the right way to go. Only Epic can give you a straight answer on this matter and not some random guy in a forum.

Good luck.

Comment

Do you mean you want to make an mmorpg IN a few months or one that LASTS a few months?

You're not going to make an mmorpg that anyone would actually play in a few months. Not even with a small team. If you're doing it alone, you'll never get it done. I can gaurentee that.

If you want to make one that LASTS a few months you're going to need a team. A large one. Like, a company.

Comment

Working...
                              X