Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D game development

Hi

with this engine could I make 2D games or 2.5D games, or this is only for 3D game development?, I mean, games like Muramasa the demon blade that was released for the Nintendo Wii.

Everything is possible, but I would rather go for 2.5D than 2D, since Spriteanimation is harder with UDK, I guess.

Comment

I'd say that if you're using UE3 to render a 2d game, you're probably making a very poor choice somewhere along the lines.

Building a 3d game (i.e meshes over sprites, etc) that plays in 2d on the other hand, is perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Well I'm asking this because I would like to develop a 2d game like muramasa the demon blade quality, or what other tool do you suggest me in order to create a game like that?

Comment

ActionScript 3.0, definately, it's PERFECT for rapid prototyping and has a VERY GOOD vector rendering engine on it's own. It's also object orientated and collision detection is pretty good, what do you want more?

I have to admit though, I was thinking of making a 2D framework for UDK :P So pokemon/zelda/mario/castlevania like games can be made with 2D-art :P But I still recommend AS3.0 over it.

Comment

Working...
          X