Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to find and use BINK ?

how to find and use BINK ?
    the folder only FRONTEND / UDK ED / SPEEDTREE MODELER / SPEEDTREE COMPILES ... but no bink file , how can I find BINK and create .bik ?

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm - download The RAD Video Tools...there is all you need

Comment

oh !
      I see .
      I have some question before : why .bik must use water mark ? if I don't put water mark ok? maybe use other video , same UK company DARK basic pro , the game create can use other video format , so why UE3 must .bik watermark ?

oh , now I see , the great UE3 Engine , only only input .bik video , if you want to play video , only .bik and you must insert bink watermark to video.

more free 3D engine , can insert any video format , but UE3 only .bik , and if you not insert water mark , you must give Royalty.

Comment

this has nothing to do with the ue3 itself, but the conditions set by RAD to have bink being integrated into a free tool. (UDK).
        Normally Bink costs big money to use in a title, now you can for free, but you need a watermark displayed.
        removal for udk costs around 250USD, per title. (you need to email RAD to gain that license)

Comment

Now I to try Bink :

Comment

Hey guys I'm fine with using bink in the intro movie but does every loading screen have to show it too? that seems pretty rediculous, can we use something else for a loading screen like a texture or a 3d scene?

Comment

Look, it's pretty simple. If you don't want the watermark, purchase the bink license - otherwise do not use bink.

Comment

That's what he's asking, if there are alternatives. For loading screens, yes, I believe they can also be a map, in that map you can put whatever you like, such as a texture or animation done with another method.. far from ideal to be sure though, and I think with movie capabilities being a common requirement we should not be required to pay for a license to use such a capability without cripple when it's been included in UDK and nothing else in UDK is crippleware. You say "don't use bink" but there is currently no true alternative. The only reason I think it sucks is it's frustrating for many, when the possibilities of what you can do with movie files potentially leads to cool things creatively, such as using them in certain ways inside a map, even on a character. Right now that capability is for all intents and purposes useless. The cost for a BINK license is akin to the cost of very capable software suites that do a hell of a lot more, yet many people can't afford those either. What makes you think that an enthusiast, or aspiring game developer would realistically be able to pay the same for something that does very little, but nonetheless you'd expect to be able to use fully since it is in UDK in the first place.

Comment

It's quite simply a very small piece of a much larger package. There should be alternatives to bink loading screens that do not involve video (I'm not sure what is presently possible). If you can't afford bink (and it is expensive, but it's far from unobtainable), then work around it.

Comment

The reason that the UDK uses bink is because it's 10x more awesome then you seem to think. Watch a video in some other random media player (windows media player, quicktime, vlc, etc) and compare cpu, memory, and gpu usage to that of bink and you'll see why it's so great.

Comment

That may indeed be the case, but it would make a lot of sense to have a fallback, like simple AVI, and just use a well optimized codec that most people have anyway, like divx or xvid. If people really wanted the extra optimization then they could pay for the BINK license, since that seems to be its primary advantage.

Comment

I suppose you could use an animated texture, combined with playing a SoundCue .. if you'd like. What really are you trying to achieve?

Comment

HOW can I play Sound video ? material no sound... ^_^

Comment

actor:

native noexport final function PlaySound(SoundCue InSoundCue, optional bool bNotReplicated, optional bool bNoRepToOwner, optional bool bStopWhenOwnerDestroyed, optional vector SoundLocation, optional bool bNoRepToRelevant);

or i suppose theres probably several other ways to do it, such as from kismet, or triggers, or whatever.

Comment

I agree that there should be other video formats that you can import and use.

Comment

Working...
                              X