This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    okay ill give u that. i didnt know there wasnt a script to port games but either way your wrong about the xbox being easier to make games for even if the ps3 has been out 5 years before. the only reason the xbox would be easier to make game for is that pc games could be ported to the xbox and not have any kind of lag time while playing online. The fact that xbox has had more shelf time has given developers more time to learn how to make games for that system. If your theary is correct then you'll need proof. What I just said comes from commen sense and that most developers almost abondond the ps3 because it was harder to make games for it since they were used to making games for the xbox and pc(pc has been around for ages so for a developer to be able to make games for pc is embarresing).

thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    irul12, you obviously have no idea how things work or how the gaming industry works. There is no script to port games over from PC :B PS3 could have been out 5 years before both wii and 360 and still not be easier to make games for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    to evilmrfrank)the only reason the xbox is easier to develop for is because devolpers had over a year to learn how to develop for that console and so when the wii and ps3 came out it was like being exposed to alien technology.

And also wat if the game got out to lets say activision and they decided to publish it then epic and activision and sony would get money plus the designer would get recognition. maybe epic would pull some strings if the game was good enough.and if they were able to give any way for you to transfer games to your ps3(and maybe xbox) then all you would have to do is map the controls to from the pc's keyboard on to the controls(i.e mouse=right analong, asdw=left analong) then it rely wouldnt be so hard to make the game for any console(except wii).

(to hitpaws) i agree with everything u said about the consoles except the wii being a dust collecter. i still play my wii and even though the only games worth having are those that nintendo makes(publishes) third party developers are gaining the grasp of using the wiis motion control. have u seen cod and madden nfl10. they look fun and cod has the same spirit of control as a pc if u shake then the pointer shakes and madden nfl has mini games to add fun to interceptions and wat not.

(to epic if u read this) u should rely think about making the script to porting games made from pc to ps3 and maybe xbox so it would be easier to get your game noticed and maybe get a publisher or two. you would get money and free avertising since third party devolpers would be able to see wat the unreal engine could do and the people who made the game would be recognized as true talent and be given job opportunities or even the chance to make a third party develping company that would make games using the unreal engine so you would get even more money. this is all wishful thinking but i kno that the magazine gamepro is (or was) willing to advertise and put your name out there so companys would publish your game. I kno this because they did advertise a normal everyday persons game creation on there magazine with an interview. sony would be glad to publish a game as long as they knew it was going to make a profit so would microsoft. and maybe they would let people make games for there consoles specificly so the other wont get it and not charge money to put it up to download as long as it was only on there platform. the udk is a game developers dream and full out games wouldnt be to hard to make as long as u can get voice acters and people have already made games and put them out for download and so it rely wouldnt take years aslong as you are good enough with the udk and have one or two friend helping u make the game. plz take this to consideration.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd be willing to bet that it's a lot more costly actually to get your game into XBLA than into some kind of PS3 form.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Eh you sound like a sony fanboy or something XD Isn't sony getting ready to start charging for their online abilities? At least thats what I've heard. When your designing a game for consoles who cares which one does what, more people own 360's and they are by far easier to design games for, simple as that :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Developing for the PS3 requires a full license both from Epic and from Sony. I can't fathom what Sony's cost is to get a license, but I can imagine it's in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and I'm relatively certain that a full blown license for UDK is upwards of a million dollars...or in the 800k ballpark. In the end, for an indie, it's just not worth it. Especially if you're not already incorporated and possess a staff of hundreds of professional developers all clocking 40-160k per year. If you've got that, explore PS3 development by all means.

I do, however, have to disagree with you about the Wii being awesome. First, 99.99% of the games are prom night dumpster babies and the .01% should sell for thirty three cents at your local carwash. There are almost exactly 5 games that are worth anything on the Wii and they're not even the ones using the motion plus. It's as if Nintendo literally doesn't even possess a quality control department because these games are as hacky as anything I have ever experienced and they're simply flooding the market with countless pieces of utter ****. Only Nintendo themselves and about 2 other products have made anything that's even remotely worth considering for purchase and the rest is a ripoff if you rented it for 1 penny and got to keep it for a year because all you get out of it is more chores when you have to go and clean out your disc holders. I do agree the system has a lot of potential but if you can name more than 5 games that realize it, you're reaching and probably wrong.

The XBOX is just a phenomenal ****. I've had all the systems since all have came out and all but the PS3 are dust collectors and merely entertainment system decorations. The XBOX wouldn't be bad if it didn't charge you for every microscoping thing you wanted to do with the system and had an ounce of reliablity. We've had it since it's birth and this is literally the 4th system we've had since we had to return it for repairs 3 times since picking one up. Oddly enough, we're still on the very same first PS3 that we bought the day it shipped and it still works and it still kicks *** and the games are still just as exact as on the 360 with never a problem with reading discs or having the HDD go blank or a stupid ring of death or the new errors that are out. It just works and it just rocks and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a soul out in the real world that prefers any system over the PS3 when it just so hands-down superior and more reliable than the other two heaping piles of plastic **** that I will probably never turn on ever again. Not that I'm biased.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well it would be great if u could make games that would be compatible with the ps3 so u would be able to share them with everyone and ppl with consoles wouldnt be left out on all the cool user created games. I dont rely care if it comes on the ps3 or not as long as u can port your creations on your ps3s and xboxs(dont care about the xbox) and that u can put them up for download so others with ps3s can enjoy ur game.
    im a ps3 fanboy.
    wii is awsome.
    i also wanted to know if udk can make ut3 mods because i own a ps3(obviosly) and i dont want to buy a pc version of ut3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be cool however if we could use the PS3 to compile maps with the swarm tho
    I wouldn't be thinking of upgrading my PC lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really don't see any point on this thread.
    Who would ever use a PS3 for game development (that's what UDK is made for).... I mean... You are kidding right?!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What would be the point? None of the content creation tools (3ds Max/Maya/Photoshop) run on a PS3. You'ld need a dozen or more applications ported to the PS3 in addition to UDK itself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks.
    but i still hope that epic would create a udk program(or something similar to it) so ppl with ps3s would be able to enjoy the same rights as ppl with pcs. although i guess that would be a reason to own a pc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by taz1004 View Post
    Memory typically refers to RAM. Not hard drive. I once spoke to a "senior" support technician for Maya who didn't know the difference either. She kept saying cache the particles to memory to render on the farm. After hours on the phone and numerous emails, I realized that she was referring to the hard drive as the memory.

Me: I thought you have to cache the particles to hard drive?
    She: No, you have to cache them to memory.
    Me: How can the cache be distributed to the farm if its on the RAM?
    She: Not RAM, memory.
    Me: ???

Never renewed my Autodesk subscription after that.
    Every "help desk" has that guy/gal... LOL

Wait, she was a "senior" technician?!? Now that just looks bad for Autodesk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wonder if there ever will be a PC emulator on PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i am new to this site and i dnt know where this reply will be posted, but i have 1 problem that is when i play gears of war, it says no user profile signed in... but i already have a account on games for live.. what can i do to sign in with a gamer profile in the game... please reply to me by mentioning my name.. as i m new to this website...... thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you had the fat ps3 with the other OS thing then you could run windows. Thus, you could run the UDK on ps3, but not how you want.

And in case you didn't know, there is no other OS feature on the slim version.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X