This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i rely need an answer

i want to know if the udk program that runs on the pc would ever come to the ps3. I own a ps3 and a laptop but my laptop is slow sometimes and pretty old. the ps3 on the other hand is a slim version with 250 gb of memory.that being said i want to know if it will ever come out for ps3 since i have tons of extra memory wanting to be made into games of every kind.

No, you cant install UDK into PS3 and don't think it will ever happen.

Comment

I highly doubt that UDK development could ever be done on a PS3.

Comment

Memory typically refers to RAM. Not hard drive. I once spoke to a "senior" support technician for Maya who didn't know the difference either. She kept saying cache the particles to memory to render on the farm. After hours on the phone and numerous emails, I realized that she was referring to the hard drive as the memory.

Me: I thought you have to cache the particles to hard drive?
        She: No, you have to cache them to memory.
        Me: How can the cache be distributed to the farm if its on the RAM?
        She: Not RAM, memory.
        Me: ???

Never renewed my Autodesk subscription after that.

Comment

If you had the fat ps3 with the other OS thing then you could run windows. Thus, you could run the UDK on ps3, but not how you want.

And in case you didn't know, there is no other OS feature on the slim version.

Comment

i am new to this site and i dnt know where this reply will be posted, but i have 1 problem that is when i play gears of war, it says no user profile signed in... but i already have a account on games for live.. what can i do to sign in with a gamer profile in the game... please reply to me by mentioning my name.. as i m new to this website...... thanks in advance

Comment

I wonder if there ever will be a PC emulator on PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by taz1004 View Post
                Memory typically refers to RAM. Not hard drive. I once spoke to a "senior" support technician for Maya who didn't know the difference either. She kept saying cache the particles to memory to render on the farm. After hours on the phone and numerous emails, I realized that she was referring to the hard drive as the memory.

Me: I thought you have to cache the particles to hard drive?
                She: No, you have to cache them to memory.
                Me: How can the cache be distributed to the farm if its on the RAM?
                She: Not RAM, memory.
                Me: ???

Never renewed my Autodesk subscription after that.
                Every "help desk" has that guy/gal... LOL

Wait, she was a "senior" technician?!? Now that just looks bad for Autodesk

Comment

thanks.
                  but i still hope that epic would create a udk program(or something similar to it) so ppl with ps3s would be able to enjoy the same rights as ppl with pcs. although i guess that would be a reason to own a pc.

Comment

What would be the point? None of the content creation tools (3ds Max/Maya/Photoshop) run on a PS3. You'ld need a dozen or more applications ported to the PS3 in addition to UDK itself.

Comment

I really don't see any point on this thread.
                      Who would ever use a PS3 for game development (that's what UDK is made for).... I mean... You are kidding right?!

Comment

It would be cool however if we could use the PS3 to compile maps with the swarm tho
                        I wouldn't be thinking of upgrading my PC lol

Comment

well it would be great if u could make games that would be compatible with the ps3 so u would be able to share them with everyone and ppl with consoles wouldnt be left out on all the cool user created games. I dont rely care if it comes on the ps3 or not as long as u can port your creations on your ps3s and xboxs(dont care about the xbox) and that u can put them up for download so others with ps3s can enjoy ur game.
                          im a ps3 fanboy.
                          wii is awsome.
                          i also wanted to know if udk can make ut3 mods because i own a ps3(obviosly) and i dont want to buy a pc version of ut3

Comment

Developing for the PS3 requires a full license both from Epic and from Sony. I can't fathom what Sony's cost is to get a license, but I can imagine it's in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and I'm relatively certain that a full blown license for UDK is upwards of a million dollars...or in the 800k ballpark. In the end, for an indie, it's just not worth it. Especially if you're not already incorporated and possess a staff of hundreds of professional developers all clocking 40-160k per year. If you've got that, explore PS3 development by all means.

I do, however, have to disagree with you about the Wii being awesome. First, 99.99% of the games are prom night dumpster babies and the .01% should sell for thirty three cents at your local carwash. There are almost exactly 5 games that are worth anything on the Wii and they're not even the ones using the motion plus. It's as if Nintendo literally doesn't even possess a quality control department because these games are as hacky as anything I have ever experienced and they're simply flooding the market with countless pieces of utter ****. Only Nintendo themselves and about 2 other products have made anything that's even remotely worth considering for purchase and the rest is a ripoff if you rented it for 1 penny and got to keep it for a year because all you get out of it is more chores when you have to go and clean out your disc holders. I do agree the system has a lot of potential but if you can name more than 5 games that realize it, you're reaching and probably wrong.

The XBOX is just a phenomenal ****. I've had all the systems since all have came out and all but the PS3 are dust collectors and merely entertainment system decorations. The XBOX wouldn't be bad if it didn't charge you for every microscoping thing you wanted to do with the system and had an ounce of reliablity. We've had it since it's birth and this is literally the 4th system we've had since we had to return it for repairs 3 times since picking one up. Oddly enough, we're still on the very same first PS3 that we bought the day it shipped and it still works and it still kicks *** and the games are still just as exact as on the 360 with never a problem with reading discs or having the HDD go blank or a stupid ring of death or the new errors that are out. It just works and it just rocks and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a soul out in the real world that prefers any system over the PS3 when it just so hands-down superior and more reliable than the other two heaping piles of plastic **** that I will probably never turn on ever again. Not that I'm biased.

Comment

Eh you sound like a sony fanboy or something XD Isn't sony getting ready to start charging for their online abilities? At least thats what I've heard. When your designing a game for consoles who cares which one does what, more people own 360's and they are by far easier to design games for, simple as that :P

Comment

Working...
                              X