UDK Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ability to export to Google's Native client (nacl) and chrome web store, not just flash.

Flash has no gpu accelaration for linux, so decent 3d performance or rendering is out of the question...

the cool Unreal flash demo does not render.

sadly many users have contacted adobe, but they have "other priorities".

If i port to the web i want the games to reach as many platforms as possible, not just windows.

sorry, here is an explanation of nacl, which works as expected:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wish using apex destructible asset with interpactor to do doors destructables or ships...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wish we could extend the editor. That would be great. Put more of the editor in the udk side than native. That would be great. Nothing crazy but I wish we had a little more flexibility.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by haldolium View Post
    Do you forbid the pure mentioning about those in general here, or only specific for this thread? I mean for developers it is kind of natural to speak about T.H.E.M. ...
    You can read what is not allowed in the forum rules. The rules apply to the entirety of Epic's forums, not any specific thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    No, I deleted several new posts that were breaking the rules and then posted.
    Do you forbid the pure mentioning about those in general here, or only specific for this thread? I mean for developers it is kind of natural to speak about T.H.E.M. ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Did Jeff just necrobump a thread with a rant?
    No, I deleted several new posts that were breaking the rules and then posted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    No discussion of other engines or engine comparisons, please. Thank you.
    Did Jeff just necrobump a thread with a rant?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Onde thing I would like to know is if they even read topics like wish lists or if is just a moderator that reads that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry. I'll post my wishes without naming the other engines.

- Road tools so we easily can create roads on our landscape.
    - Integration of something like HumanIK to make it easier to do procedural animations in UDK (foot-planting, procedural placements or hands while climbing etc).
    - Better tools for AI. For example pre-made system for behaviour trees and other AI techniques so that we don't have to write it all from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Support for nVidia APEX Particles and Turbulence Modules would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No discussion of other engines or engine comparisons, please. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    erg.

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
    There were several kinds of such classes recurring in many of Epic's own Unreal Engine games. I suggest you could make one of your own, extending UTPawn, called maybe UTPlacablePawn or UTScriptedPawn and based on ScriptedPawn from Unreal I and UT99, Monster from the UT200x Invasion gametype and maybe the mobile equivalent (MobilePlaceablePawn)
    OMG
    Dude.
    you're not getting it I guess
    I'm not really a coder
    I build meshes and skeletons, textures and animations
    If I can copy a pawn with base ai/weapons/actions and export the mesh I can reskin

I could open the classes and look at them, copy paste, rename
    but I can't be bothered with building a complex ai network in kismet
    I'd rather work with another sdk on that project and wait until some base npc/companion/enemy/other vehicle classes are incorporated

honestly folks
    UT3 has been out a while, couldn't we get the Goliath as an asset
    pretty please?

anyway
    I like the UDK editor, and I have an adventure game that doesn't require any npc's at all so I'm happy enough to work with what's there and use valvesource for the character cinematics

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Speedtree meshes supported by foliage would be the best thing right now, Speedtree is becoming quite useless thanks to that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by n.a. View Post
    my NR.1 WISH:

-the ability for actors to have multiple dynamic shadows (like in games made with the Doom 3 engine)
    in UDK, when there are more than one light (let's say 2), the character/vehicle/etc shadow tries to align itself so that it is cast exactly between those 2 lights, instead of splitting itself up into 2 brighter shadows.

you know what i mean?
    you could also disable "bUseBooleanEnvironmentShadowing" and enable "bSynthesizeSHLight" instead of disabling the Light Environment altogether.

Originally posted by Anartist View Post
    I haven't gone through and read everyone's requests yet,

but here are mine after about 6 months using UDK

Enemy NPC classes. With a base mesh. Like, patroller, sniper, pistol guard, with some basic default generic ai blocks. I have no interest in constructing base ai, spawning a basic enemy with a standard set of actions would be useful. If I can easily replace the mesh...Just, no real base npc's or ememies to work with is a bit lame.
    There were several kinds of such classes recurring in many of Epic's own Unreal Engine games. I suggest you could make one of your own, extending UTPawn, called maybe UTPlacablePawn or UTScriptedPawn and based on ScriptedPawn from Unreal I and UT99, Monster from the UT200x Invasion gametype and maybe the mobile equivalent (MobilePlaceablePawn)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X