UDK Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    There used to be, but it just wasn't advanced enough.

Scaleform is actually not far from that, but still requires a bit of coding to get working, but most of it is done with Flash
    It was also farther from "easy to use" than probably any other part of the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
      It was also farther from "easy to use" than probably any other part of the editor.
      I remember the many many threads on how bad UIScenes were. XD

Comment

SpeedTree support in Foliage Mode

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
          Enlighten integration.
          I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by _h2o_ View Post
            Please:

1. return back SetMouseCoordinates() function!

2. make something to make good FOG OF WAR possible in UDK
            For 2. I can think of a (fairly expensive) tricksie way to do it, just off the top of my head.. First, for the fog use a mesh with a fog material. Then underneath your world have a black tesselated plane and whenever a player moves over a quad, apply a white material (so you have a grid with patches getting white as they are explored), set up a renderToTexture2D to render that, then use the rendered texture as a world-aligned mask for the fog material. That's a fairly high-level explanation, may not even work, may be too expensive, but I think it's "possible"

Comment

Please support transparent(png, gif etc.) on Splash Image for free licencees.

Comment

my NR.2 WISH:

instead of having just one UDK startup move, that is the same for every single game, it would be nice to have an assortment of several (or at least one more) to choose from. so that we can individualize our games
                back in my first development years, when there was no UDK and i instead used gamestudio (in the acknex 4 and 5 versions) they not only had 2 logos (one in black and one in white) for deveopers to use, they even gave me permission to make a custom animation accommodated to my visual style.

unfortunately i never finished any game, but that's a different story.

Comment

I would like to see a way to set color coordination to named variables in kismet. Make it easier to see where the same variables are called.

Comment

Originally posted by n.a. View Post
                    my NR.1 WISH:

-the ability for actors to have multiple dynamic shadows (like in games made with the Doom 3 engine)
                    in UDK, when there are more than one light (let's say 2), the character/vehicle/etc shadow tries to align itself so that it is cast exactly between those 2 lights, instead of splitting itself up into 2 brighter shadows.

you know what i mean?
                    you could also disable "bUseBooleanEnvironmentShadowing" and enable "bSynthesizeSHLight" instead of disabling the Light Environment altogether.

Originally posted by Anartist View Post
                    I haven't gone through and read everyone's requests yet,

but here are mine after about 6 months using UDK

Enemy NPC classes. With a base mesh. Like, patroller, sniper, pistol guard, with some basic default generic ai blocks. I have no interest in constructing base ai, spawning a basic enemy with a standard set of actions would be useful. If I can easily replace the mesh...Just, no real base npc's or ememies to work with is a bit lame.
                    There were several kinds of such classes recurring in many of Epic's own Unreal Engine games. I suggest you could make one of your own, extending UTPawn, called maybe UTPlacablePawn or UTScriptedPawn and based on ScriptedPawn from Unreal I and UT99, Monster from the UT200x Invasion gametype and maybe the mobile equivalent (MobilePlaceablePawn)

Comment

Speedtree meshes supported by foliage would be the best thing right now, Speedtree is becoming quite useless thanks to that

Comment

erg.

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                        There were several kinds of such classes recurring in many of Epic's own Unreal Engine games. I suggest you could make one of your own, extending UTPawn, called maybe UTPlacablePawn or UTScriptedPawn and based on ScriptedPawn from Unreal I and UT99, Monster from the UT200x Invasion gametype and maybe the mobile equivalent (MobilePlaceablePawn)
                        OMG
                        Dude.
                        you're not getting it I guess
                        I'm not really a coder
                        I build meshes and skeletons, textures and animations
                        If I can copy a pawn with base ai/weapons/actions and export the mesh I can reskin

I could open the classes and look at them, copy paste, rename
                        but I can't be bothered with building a complex ai network in kismet
                        I'd rather work with another sdk on that project and wait until some base npc/companion/enemy/other vehicle classes are incorporated

honestly folks
                        UT3 has been out a while, couldn't we get the Goliath as an asset
                        pretty please?

anyway
                        I like the UDK editor, and I have an adventure game that doesn't require any npc's at all so I'm happy enough to work with what's there and use valvesource for the character cinematics

Comment

No discussion of other engines or engine comparisons, please. Thank you.

Comment

Support for nVidia APEX Particles and Turbulence Modules would be nice.

Comment

Sorry. I'll post my wishes without naming the other engines.

- Road tools so we easily can create roads on our landscape.
                              - Integration of something like HumanIK to make it easier to do procedural animations in UDK (foot-planting, procedural placements or hands while climbing etc).
                              - Better tools for AI. For example pre-made system for behaviour trees and other AI techniques so that we don't have to write it all from scratch.

Comment

Onde thing I would like to know is if they even read topics like wish lists or if is just a moderator that reads that.

Comment

Working...
                                X