No announcement yet.

UDK Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its already have all of them ^_^ **** epic really hear us and care about what user needs..... up to know i must admit that developping RTS in UDK is really piece of cake....

Even Scaleform is getting accurate interaction with the 3D world....

Simply amazing when i remember the difficulties at beginning....

Comment

I haven't gone through and read everyone's requests yet,

but here are mine after about 6 months using UDK

I like it a lot, it's more intuitive than the valve system
      but this is what I personally need that seems missing

1. Downloadable zip of SDK docs and tutorials.
      2. Text/html tutorials. Yes there are technogeeks who don't have the steady bandwidth for hours of youtube
      3. Enemy NPC classes. With a base mesh. Like, patroller, sniper, pistol guard, with some basic default generic ai blocks. I have no interest in constructing base ai, spawning a basic enemy with a standard set of actions would be useful. If I can easily replace the mesh...
      4. A set of maya, max, xsi, zbrush scenes with base character models set up so that we could work on the base mesh and export to fbx. Like valve and xsi did with the 6 release of mod tool (which is why I don't have mod tool 7).
      5. A basic nice complete useable plugin inventory system with everything set up and some basic interaction functionalities already incorporated with a set of easily modified templates for look. RPG inventory functionality is pretty much standardized by now. give us a couple of startup maps with built in inventory and items we can modify. Its not that difficult, I'm sure you have assets from previous games you could incorporate and we can rename them, alter the base meshes and mats, etc.
      6. Did I say more text/html tuts already? I was trying to add a basic bot that would fight me. Can I get a page of text explaining it? It seems pretty important to a game, but then I'm not interested in advanced kismet logic learning, I'm interested in dragable blocks of classes or entities I can drop in place and modify the parameters of or create a subclass of to modify.
      7. Make an interface to create the basic code for a new weapon or vehicle or character based on an existing one. It's such a basic need, we can't ship with your rocket launcher, so give us a 3d scene of the launcher and it's rig, and give us an interface to load in a new model as a subclass of the original.
      As long as I've built my vehicle right it should load in, I shouldn't have to code or re rig to import a vehicle or weapon built correctly on the templaVehicles and weapons should have an interface to tweak minor physics properties of these classes.
      8. More ASSETS. MORE NPC examples. Easy tuts for making new ones that work, fast.
      9. Better camera and record tools. gizmo things we can use in the browser, not kismet scripts.
      10. More import filters, better error handling of import filters.

Anyway, it's a great world building tool, I'm finding the udk less frustrating than valve for vehicle design.

Just, no real base npc's or ememies to work with is a bit lame.

Comment

Parallax occlusion mapping that works xD

Comment

Please:

1. return back SetMouseCoordinates() function!

2. make something to make good FOG OF WAR possible in UDK

Comment

Hardware cursor! It's much needed by everyone making cursor based games like strategies, RPGs, point-and-click adventures etc. It could really push UDK usage into more varied genre areas.

Even enabling usage of the system cursor outside the editor would be an excellent option.

Comment

my NR.1 WISH:

-the ability for actors to have multiple dynamic shadows (like in games made with the Doom 3 engine)
              in UDK, when there are more than one light (let's say 2), the character/vehicle/etc shadow tries to align itself so that it is cast exactly between those 2 lights, instead of splitting itself up into 2 brighter shadows.

you know what i mean?

Comment

It actually can, but it slows things down a lot more

Comment

I'm glad this got bumped. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I wish for audio scrubbing. I want to use it to line up speech with morph targets for lip sync.

Comment

Enlighten integration.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                      It actually can, but it slows things down a lot more
                      can you help me out then? how does one enable this?
                      (i assumed UDK didn't have such a feature, because noone is using it (from what i've seen) and even Epic's Samaritan showcase has singular black shadows)

Comment

Use movable lights, and under skeletal mesh properties disable Light Environment component. For static meshes disable Use Precomputed Shadows.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Count_de_Money View Post
                          Use movable lights, and under skeletal mesh properties disable Light Environment component. For static meshes disable Use Precomputed Shadows.

this might be useful in some situations, but with shadows being projected through walls, one can't possibly design a whole world this way.
                          my WISH is still valid. thank you for the design approach none the less. (now i know what these properties affect)

Comment

I think there should be a easy to use menu system which lets you create menus in udk without coding...

Comment

There used to be, but it just wasn't advanced enough.

Scaleform is actually not far from that, but still requires a bit of coding to get working, but most of it is done with Flash

Comment

Originally posted by _h2o_ View Post
                                Please:

1. return back SetMouseCoordinates() function!

2. make something to make good FOG OF WAR possible in UDK
                                I used a very simple DLL to set the system mouse cursor, if that's what you want. I'd have to search but my post(s) about it should be on the forum somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X