No announcement yet.

UDK Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Decals had the functionality of UE2 projectors? maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
      Another one:
      Maybe they are considered legacy or obsolete or just not state of the art anymore, but can't there be such a thing like Projectors again?
      Especially now were we have Materials could they be great to attach a whole Material easily and seamless onto surfaces to create such underwater light effects:
      [SHOT]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs14/i/2007/047/c/2/Underwater_Ocean_Floor_Light_by_Della_Stock.jpg[/SHOT]

In the GDC Example Map were they put directly into the texture of the underwater ground, but that's maybe not such a flexible solution.
      Use a light function.

Comment

More Kismet options please...

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
          I just wish this cloud be integrated into Unreal (thoues UDK), by default:
          http://www.geomerics.com/products.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLZU-JC6Hqc

It's already in use in Dust 514 by CCP.
          It would be co great to get rid off all light mapping, especially for outdoor scenes.
          Ok. I can dream on and on ;p.
          This would be great to have!

Comment

Originally posted by Analdin View Post
            Wish: A street/track tool - I double that wish, UDK lacks of a good street tool like the one in the CE2 Sandbox.
            This would be another nice option to have as well. Maybe a way to make procedural streets.
            Or something like this: http://unityterraintools.com/demovid.php
            Or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khzyIfrSRHM

Comment

The ability to save preset options when importing materials.

Comment

Having access to the actual "Speed X" and "Speed Y" Settings in the Panner Nodes ( and probably the Rotators too ) via Node-Connections. Just "Time" doesn't really give a whole lot of possibilities.

Comment

You can do pretty much anything you want with the current panners? I've used panners for example, to modify panning independently in both X and Y in response to the movement of an object in the past, so I'm not sure what else you'd need?

Comment

Right, scratch that, it's easily possible to make a custom Panner Node that does exactly the same thing with more control.

@ambershee:
                    Are you using the time input and multiple panners ?

I was trying to drive panning speed based on a texture, and got very strange artifacts when manipulating "Time" directly.
                    But now after trying the same thing with a custom panner node that actually drives the speed values, the artifacts are still there, and i'm even more confused - maybe i'll open an extra thread for this.

Comment

Request:
                      If you right-click on a variable with a VarName in Kismet, the context menu should offer the option "Created NamedVariable" so that you don't need to click through some sub-menus and type everything in yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by micahpharoh View Post
                        Bah. I reject bad news as if it weren't so

But Aliens vs Predator was recently released with the UE3, and it has DX11. Did they integrate it themselves, or was it Epic, and they haven't given it to us yet?
                        AvP does not run on UE3, it runs on asura engine. Fact you could tell that probably from the sight of the game, it looks nothing like UE3.

Comment

Originally posted by rebb View Post
                          @ambershee:
                          Are you using the time input and multiple panners ?
                          I did it ages ago, so I can't recall exactly. I may have used multiple panners, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use time in any of them. I believe I drove the speed using simple parameters (which can be controlled through script)

Comment

Whislist:

interface: possibility to drag'n drop multiple assets at the same time from the content browser.

Comment

Whislist:

Foliage editor should have ability to paint not only using static meshes but ST models and particles too.
                              It should save all assents used for painting so after another launch I do not have to load all of them again.
                              Meshes painted on surface would be sticky to them. When is need to move the surface, painted meshes should also move.
                              After deleting surface all painted meshes should be also removed. For now they are untouched and there is no possibility to erase them, because surface is gone.

If something else will come to my head I'll write it

Comment

UDK is without doubt one of the best game engines in the world if not the best, but it can always get better Please Epic do what these people says so UDK will get even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X