UDK Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyle_Katarn View Post
    The only realistic thing I would ask for in the UDK is ActorX for Maya 2011. =\
    The unfortunately not so realistic (or is it?) thing I would ask for, is ActorX or something similar but official for Blender.

Just a Python script that allows to use stuff made in Blender with the same efficiency as commercial 3D software by being 99% compatible with it. There are currently some export plugins, yes, but they look more like a workaround in order to actually get something into the Unreal Engine while Max and Maya users can be assured that their work will show up 100% in the UDK as in their programs.

It's actually ironic… someone who can't afford Max or Maya can still use the trials or student editions to create non-commercial products with it, but those who actually want to create something commercial with the UDK have to rely on the free software without any support from Epic's site, even though those are the projects that would give Epic the 25% royalty of their profit in the end.

Comment

Wish List

Editor

Cool multiplayer feature what let oter users connect to you level and add models materials and textures

Comment

A wish really simple to implement would be the ability to use multiple controller without the need of splitting screen.

Comment

You should be able to do that, sueds, but it will require a little programming. I believethe code for setting up splitscreen and such is in ViewportClient or somewhere right around there. Although the regular behavior is to open a new screen to add another PlayerController, that could be overridden.

Comment

my wish list.

allow actonscript calls to be intercepted by the correct gfxobject and not the wrapper movies.

release the scaleform loading screen stuff as its not possible for a mod team to make good use of the current loading screen methods.

Add the profiling tools in the next build - its important we can profile, and these tools will help us find out why the UDK's are slowing down.

fix this bug

Warning 5 ObjectProperty Engine.SkeletalMeshComponent:Animations: unresolved reference to 'MeshSequenceA'

having to extend weapons off UTWeap_ShockRifle

because
            Begin Object class=AnimNodeSequence Name=MeshSequenceA
            End Object

wont work otherwise.

it gives you this error if you try adding that code to your class - looks like something native and only seems to work on the ut weapons.

Comment

My newest wish would be to just keep the UIScenes in future UDK releases, even if unsupported. It's not like they would be in the way, would they?

Somehow people should be able to create HUDs and menus without paying for a Flash authoring software and this stuff is already included.

Comment

Or someone should just bring back the UWindow system. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                  You should be able to do that, sueds, but it will require a little programming. I believethe code for setting up splitscreen and such is in ViewportClient or somewhere right around there. Although the regular behavior is to open a new screen to add another PlayerController, that could be overridden.
                  good news when I ask few month ago a guy from epic said it wasn't possible. So I'll look into it.

cheers

Comment

lovely

Add the profiling tools in the next build - thanks steve for the update on this.

one off my list :P

Comment

Originally posted by sueds View Post
                      good news when I ask few month ago a guy from epic said it wasn't possible. So I'll look into it.

cheers
                      i haven't actually DONE this, but i remember looking at it a few months ago, and it looked possible

Comment

My wish list would be:

being able to move over distance the end points of bezier curve in Matinee, in order to get a (way) better control of the curve. Currently, we can move these point only in an angular direction, not over distance

So that's only half of a bezier curve

Comment

1) Having the terrain deform upon impact. eg. battlefield bad company 2.....the Frostbite Engine.

Comment

A simple thing:

- Being able to choose how many value we want to add in the "Add" function of kismet. At the moment, we can just add A and B, so if we want to add more values, we have to plug tons of "add" nodes together...

In other terms, a system like of "link count" of the "Switch" node to the "Add" node would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Skem View Post
                              A simple thing:

- Being able to choose how many value we want to add in the "Add" function of kismet. At the moment, we can just add A and B, so if we want to add more values, we have to plug tons of "add" nodes together...

In other terms, a system like of "link count" of the "Switch" node to the "Add" node would be great.
                              Actually, you can plug as many variables into the A or B links as you want. It should add them all up.

Comment

...Thanks!

(actually, I feel like a idiot now for not trying this before... )

Comment

Working...
                                X