UDK Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voxels

There's a reason Voxel engines were developed in the early 1990's, and left there.

Comment

You say that, but CryEngine's terrain renderer is voxel based, IIRC.

Comment

not just the cry engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gf3sFBNOMk

http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27394

I would say that voxel isn't mature enough or hard to implement in an engine without changing it drastically. As Ambershee mention it there is no need atm.

Comment

I'm not familiar enough with rendering technologies to really speak much more than that, so I'm sure that there are cases where it could be useful. I don't recall being particularly blown away by Crysis' terrain, though. In any case, you can disregard what I said there, because I really don't know what I'm talking about in that case. I do know that "back in the day" there were a few voxengines that were out there, but they were pretty much left behind. Perhaps advances in general computing and 3-d power have made it more interesting now..

Comment

local help documentation like adobes flash/actionscript
            o_O

Comment

I know this is a wish way off the grid, or has already been mentioned but Id like to see Euphoria, and DMM support/integration (Third Party).

http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria.htm

http://www.pixelux.ch/content/view/55/53/

Hey.. a guy can wish right?

Comment

Oh one more feature come on my mind, and I think is most impotant of all of them. Maybe guys on Epic allready working on it, but..
                CUDA support for Lightmass rendering. Lightmass can render very slowly even on multiple CPUs. What about utilize power of Graphics Cards for rendering ?

Comment

Not cuda, opencl!

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                    Oh one more feature come on my mind, and I think is most impotant of all of them. Maybe guys on Epic allready working on it, but..
                    CUDA support for Lightmass rendering. Lightmass can render very slowly even on multiple CPUs. What about utilize power of Graphics Cards for rendering ?
                    I'd thought about that too. Maybe even get a few Nvidia Teslas and throw them together for the ultimate in lightmass rendering.

Comment

Drag and drop character animation and mesh.

-Drop the PSK file in
                      -Load the animations via PSA.

This would save everybody lots of time.

Comment

-The frontend should have the ability to perform actions before and after compile.
                        -There needs to be more options for source control integration.

Comment

It would be fantastic if we could use states from matinee in lightmass so that an ojbect can be built into lighting in its closed and fully open positions. Much the same as how pathbuilding can have a door open when its built, this would allow for an object to be an interpactor yet still retain the look of the world except for the duration of its movement. Right now I'm having absolutely HUGE problems with achieving good lighting in rooms like a kitchen where all of the cabinets are able to be opened. The kitchen looks fantastic, but all the moving parts are glowing almost at full intensity.

Comment

Birthday wish!

- Per-Pixel Motion Blur. And the ability to switch between camera blur (HL2: EP2), object blur, and per-pixel. That way, players can save on performance while still getting quality. Or, dudes with beefy computers could get the highest quality possible.
                            - Volumetric Lighting and Shadows. I know that dynamic lightbeams and whatnot have already been suggested. But, I think it'd be like putting on peanut butter without the jelly. This way, when the volumetric lighting gets occluded, there is a corresponding volumetric shadow thrown into the mix. Basically, it's what you'd see in Crysis on max settings.
                            - Massive Efficient LOD Support (Or, "MELS" if you want to give it an acronym). I'm not sure how many LODs the engine can support per scene/object. But, I'm hoping that it can support up to eight or ten LODs per object without taxing the performance much more than the usual one-to-three. This would allow unprecedented detail and quality without the burden on the performance that it would normally be coupled with.
                            Actually, you could also call it "Massively Efficient LOD Support".

Comment

i wish they would stop messing around with beta and release it propper, because every time an update comes out the game you are making becomes useless, full of bugs and strange happenings.
                              i also wish they would show a little support for the users and make some tutorials, or at least a little help on the basic stuff.
                              maybe that last one is a bit of an extreme wish?

Comment

It will always be a beta because the engine is being constantly updated. Nothing is forcing you from downloading a new version every month. Pick a build, and stick with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X