Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to do wet surface for my level surface if rain, if not rain , no wet surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by BlackHornet80 View Post
    maybe a MaterialInstanceConstant can be used where a param is used to decide wether wet effect should be used or not (but never worked with them, just a theoretical approach)
    Yes MaterialInstance is the way to go here.

Make material with water effect over it.
    Then you have several ways to modify it:
    - Make parameters out of textures that create rain effect, and change those to some non rainy. But this has unnecessary overhead in kismet.
    - make one branch of your material responsible for water and then multiply it by zero to cut it off (or any other method to disable that branch)
    - and imo best results: combine 2 materials, one with rain one without, then use linear interpolation and scalar parameter to blend and switch them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe a MaterialInstanceConstant can be used where a param is used to decide wether wet effect should be used or not (but never worked with them, just a theoretical approach)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but how to used the material swap technique ? where ? static mesh editor to accomplish

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey there. There are many ways to accomplish this. I have made a wet material using vertex shading, in order to paint on the areas that are wet using the mesh-paint tool. Others have used the material swap technique as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes , thank very much , my think same to you , but ... detail how to do ? I mean is how to swap materials , kismet right ? maybe must uscript ?? my uscript is wrong...^_^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make two materials and use the SetMaterial function (I think that's what it is called) to swap materials.....of course, I think this would require using static meshes.

Leave a comment:

• how to do wet surface for my level surface if rain, if not rain , no wet surface

how to do wet surface for my level surface if rain, and then if not rain ,my level surface no wet surface , the dynamic wet surface how to do ?

my mean is , if I press buttom , the sky rain start, and my level all surface is wet surface , and then close buttom , the sky stop rain , and my level surface stop wet , how can I do ???
Working...
X