Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about UDK, UT3 and possible legal issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i would like to know this too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been going through the legal FAQ and thinking about this. This is strictly for a personal project and I will be making no revenue (even proxy revenue) from it. I just want to play test this UDK map with UT3 player models, vehicles and weapons. Since this is a portfolio piece and the final product will just be some images to go on my site and a downloadable version of the map, could I get away with removing all epic content in the final version? I mean make the final downloadable version just the level itself so people could see how it was made. What about that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by immortius View Post
    You really should have made it in UT3. Ah well, about all I can recommend is trying to port it back to UT3, there's no other legal way you can proceed that I can think of. Or just stick with the limited UT3 content in UDK.
    Dang, thanks though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You really should have made it in UT3. Ah well, about all I can recommend is trying to port it back to UT3, there's no other legal way you can proceed that I can think of. Or just stick with the limited UT3 content in UDK.

Leave a comment:

• Question about UDK, UT3 and possible legal issues.

I started work on a portfolio piece about 2 weeks ago. It is a map designed around UT3 that I started in the UDK. Only after getting it blocked out with lighting (wanted to use lightmass), custom static meshes and some terrain do I find out that I do not have access to all the weapons and vehicles from UT3.

I assume that if there was a way to move that content from UT3 to the UDK that it would be illegal to do so.

I suppose if I wanted to put this map up for free download once it was finished, I could some how make it require that UT3 is installed in order for people to play the map. Preventing me from distributing content owned by Epic. Like I just want to make a UT3 map with UT3 weapons, vehicles and some character models with the UDK to take advantage of its new features. I don't really have the time to build that much content from scratch.

I am almost ready to playtest, I just need to add the weapons and vehicles. Does any one have some idea what I could do?

Thanks
Working...
X