RTS+City BUILDING anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTS+City BUILDING anyone?

I was wondering if anyone is interested to help me convert a mod for warcraft3 that I'm currently working on into a full game using the UDK..I'm no programmer so I really have no idea on how to go about it using unreal engine but if ever anyone is interested to help me out it would be great..I can do concept arts and most 2dart-related stuffs and a little of 3d.The game is basically a cross between a typical RTS type game + city sim/building +god game..
    Here's the map in development of what I have so far but using Warcraft 3 engine>http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/m...ng-rts-141858/
    I hope someone would be interested to help me realize this concept into a fully playable game..

Sorry for the dead link it should work now

Comment

Hello Pangahas!

I'm a progammer but I've never use the Unreal engine until now. or made a mod for any UE engine. so I'm a total noob still figuring things out. I can do a bit of 3d models but I'm still mainly a programmer.

I like "historical" cloth and was thinking of doing a simple city builder myself. I take it the game will be a mixture of medial times and mythical times correct?

do you have any use for a useless programmer? lol

Comment

I'm totally new to UE modding..I have no experience whatsoever on programming.What I can offer on the table are 2d concept arts and basic 3d modelling plus lots of game ideas..Well if you think we could come up with something then good.Since we share the same interest game type wise then it's worth a try but we need people if we want our hopes of making a city builder game using the UDK a reality

Comment

Fantastic! how do we communicate? through pms or through the forum?

I'm sure I can get a simple foundation running in a short time. but I need to know what is it going to be like. so those game ideas would be nice

Comment

Well through pm for specifics and forums for general questions so that the thread would be updated and maybe someone else might be interested to help.
            As for game ideas,if you go to the link I provided on my main post you should be able to read bout the details..Well basically,my intentions for posting this is to ask for help to transfer my warcraft3 mod in development to Unreal engine.So if possible everything will be based of that.
            Ok ahm briefly the game would be a hybrid of city building(much like the game Dawn of Discovery/ANNO if your familiar with it) plus a beefed up typical RTS melee mechanics with a hint of God game like Black and white and Age of mythology.
            As in any empire building games the concept is to build an efficient running city.Your goal is to provide all your citizen's needs and expand your city.The setting would be medieval/fantasy.You get to chose which god you want your city to be governed with and your choice will determine the god powers(spells) you'll have and also the unique units and upgrades that would be available for you.The citizens provide you with income and are the most important resource in the game.The units are not directly trained from your military buildings instead the citizens are conscripted to be military/builder/gatherer units of your choice.

Again if you follow the link that should probably provide you with enough details with regards to the gameplay..

Comment

I am alright at level design, and i am in the process of learning 3ds max. I would be interested in helping you transfer your mod to udk. I also have a programming background. But i am more interested in level design atm..

Comment

Working...
              X