UDK for non fps game !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK for non fps game !

Hello guys. Iam a Quest3d user. Iam learning UDK and i have a game project in progress that must be done by Quest3d or udk. I have several question. I heard some news from a guys that say UDK is only good for developing mode for unreal and its not good to build other type of games. I dont know if they are right or wrong, Therefore i came here to ask this from yours.

Short story of the game:
    Its overall gameplay is exactly like http://machinarium.net/demo . Infact there is no AI or enemy in my game. There is only 2 robot character that will cooperate with each other to solve the puzzles. Robot #1 can fly everywhere and robot #2 is behave exactly like a car. Sometimes they conect with eachother and move together and sometimes they act alone. But user can control only one of them at the same time. Flying robot will pick objects and move and place them in places and car like robot only enter codes.

1. Is it possible to build such a game with UDK?
    2. How hard it is to build such things? I mean is it need some strong programming skill? Or it could be down entirely with kizmet? Cause iam not a programmer. If you see Quest3d its pipeline is like kizmet. (Node base) which is perfect for non programmer guys like me.

By the way you can see all my works including exe, captured movie and snapshots here: http://www.ali-rahimi.net/pages/portfolio.html

I alos build a simple animated story to demonstrate my overall game mode, But its not completed.
    You can download it from here: http://www.ali-rahimi.net/blog/union.rar

Also some snapshots of the characters in progress, These are also included in a movie.

And finally some of my works with Quest3D.

Originally posted by Ali-Rahimi View Post
    1. Is it possible to build such a game with UDK?
    Yes it is.

2. How hard it is to build such things? I mean is it need some strong programming skill? Or it could be down entirely with kizmet? Cause iam not a programmer. If you see Quest3d its pipeline is like kizmet. (Node base) which is perfect for non programmer guys like me.
    I doubt you can do all in Kismet. You will probably need to add some new Kismet elements for mouse interactions with the game world and you probably need to write some other UnrealScript for certain puzzle logic.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Dose UnrealScript is available for UDK?

Comment

Your work is great.
        Honestly I like it, the templeish thing is awesome ^___^.

UDK is essentially a template...edit the template to suit whatever needs you have, non FPS games arent too complex and your idea sounds much more feasable then "I want to make an MMO" or whatever, good luck with it.

Comment

well, its easier to create a non-FPS game with UDK than with most other engines I've used

Comment

Dose UnrealScript is available for UDK?
            Yes.

Comment

Thanks alot guys for the help.

Comment

Your art is wonderful!! i event set up one of your picture as screen saver for on of my monitors!!! With that art you could easily recruit a team, to help yuo with your development needs

Comment

Thanks fladur. For my game i have a budget. Its not that much big. But atleast i dont ask anyone to cooperate for free. I dont know anyone pro in udk around myselt. Perhaps i can find lots af pro guys here. Deathline for a game is 10 month, And i dont start it yet fully. Iam in preproduction phase now.

Comment

Working...
                  X