Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions before begin

Hi:
    Perhaps after reading my questions you say read Documention ... But I do not have time ... so Please answer me:
    1_Can I use C# or C++ with UDK???
    2_ Is this engine Good for Simulation Projects like flight simulation,or Army simulation.....
    3_How do I design my(own) special games without Game_UDK??

you need to read the documentation for the exact answers (see my second post in this thread).
    you third question is quite, ehm, odd/strange, in relation to the previous questions.
    "How do I design my(own) special games without Game_UDK?? "

well, to make a game without using UDK? remove UDK and download/install/setup other engines/frameworks/libs

i guess you ment to ask something else, otherwise it's a silly question imho.

anyway: you're lack of time:
    without investing time == no finished project/results
    I mean, it's the same as: "i'm very hungry i need some food, but i have no time to eat, can someone else eat for me?" - will this fill your stomach? answer: NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Coder4pro View Post
      Hi:
      Perhaps after reading my questions you say read Documention ... But I do not have time ... so Please answer me:
      1_Can I use C# or C++ with UDK???
      2_ Is this engine Good for Simulation Projects like flight simulation,or Army simulation.....
      3_How do I design my(own) special games without Game_UDK??
      Your C# or C++ knowledge will come in hand with the UDK, but you need to learn UnrealScript. If you want to know what types of games the engine can produce look at what has been done already. Games like America's Army have been made with the UnrealEngine. I don't really understand what that last question is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...l_Engine_games

Comment

note: you can basically do everything you want (game design wise), as long as you don't need engine sourcecode changes, cos UDK is binary only, no sourcecodes.

For gamelogics etc, use unrealscript, as mentioned above,(and/or matinee).

C++/C usage information:
        http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DLLBind.html
        and
        http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TcpLink.html

Comment

Thanks guys...sorry about last question...
          but I mean when I design A level Or try any thing in engine....I choose (Play from here)then there is a game...this game Can I delete it because I want to make my own game ...
          I hope U understand me

Comment

As mentioned before, you are the director of your application (game/simulation/whatever) you want to accomplish:
            you can create your own application logics (kismet/unrealscripts), your own assets (animations/models/particles/sounds/menu's and whatnot), your own workgrounds (maps), etc.

The provided example game and such are just, ehm, examples, to get you started quickly nothing more. (there are many provided example script examples provided for game logics, you can use/alter as you please, or create your very own and use those) (the example game assets cannot be used in the end product though, only the scripts provided are alowed to be used in the end product (see the license details for more info, or the license threads here on the forum)

Comment

Originally posted by saymoo View Post
              (the example game assets cannot be used in the end product though, only the scripts provided are alowed to be used in the end product (see the license details for more info, or the license threads here on the forum)
              Specifically you can't use the provided non-script assets (textures, meshes, etc) in commercial projects. They're fine for use in non-commercial projects.

Comment

Working...
              X