Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool to extract pakages from other games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personaly if your not making any cash, reselling or the like. you should be fine.

Mass distribution is properly not a good idea though, not very nice and might get you in trouble.

WIKI:
    --
    Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 17 U.S.C. § 106 and 17 U.S.C. § 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
    2. the nature of the copyrighted work;
    3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
    4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Comment

lets say you want to extract some of the Effects packages from Gears of War. You go to:

..\Gears of War\WarGame\CookedPC\Effects\AdamsLab.upk (for example)

copy it to the umodel directory, then make a batch file with this command:

umodel.exe -export -all AdamsLab.upk

This will essentially make a new directory called "AdamsLab", and inside are individual folders for Shaders, Static Meshs, and Textures.

Rinse and repeat with Gears of War 2. Get the GoW2 iso, use 'Mulleter XBOX 360' to extract the contents of the GoW2 iso to PC Windows.

From there, look in CookedXenon for files to extract. For example, Textures.tfc, even though it is not ".upk", umodel can still extract it.

Comment

Umodel exports only skeletal meshes and textures, everything else is messed. But it helped me to see how they made characters in borderlands. And how they messed them in Mass Effect.

Comment

Originally posted by GamerKnight View Post
          Personaly if your not making any cash, reselling or the like. you should be fine.
          You're citing 'Fair Use'. Fair use is not limited to commercial exploitation - redistributing the files still puts you at risk.

Comment

Rainbow Six, I'm coming for you!

*click heels*

Comment

I was thinking of assassins creed myself.

Comment

I wanted to look at TERA online files (purely out of curiosity), sadly, it does not work for that game yet.

Comment

Found an English GUI

Thanks Zomy! I did a little digging and found an English GUI version for umodel.

http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?...pic,330.0.html

EDIT:
                  Here is a mirror for you guys:
                  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YPF9QMYN

The way it worked for me:

1. Extract umodelGUI where you want your new assets to appear
                  2. Open umodelGUI and browse to where your game (ex.Gears of War) content is (unreal tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Vehicles for example)

3. Expand the folder in the upper right portion of the GUI
                  4. Locate the file you want to extract
                  5. Right click and hit export and it will copy your reverse-engineered file to your umodelGUI folder

Here is a list of supported games:

Unreal Tournament 3
                  Gears of War
                  Gears of War 2 (XBox 360)
                  Unreal Development Kit (UDK)
                  Mortal Online
                  Section 8
                  The Last Remnant
                  Damnation
                  Mass Effect
                  Mass Effect 2
                  BlackSite: Area 51
                  Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (XBox360)
                  Stranglehold
                  Army of Two (XBox360)
                  Huxley
                  AVA Online
                  Frontlines: Fuel of War
                  Mirror's Edge
                  X-Men Origins: Wolverine
                  Magna Carta 2
                  Batman: Arkham Asylum
                  Crime Craft
                  50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (XBox360)
                  Borderlands
                  Dark Void

Comment

Hi!
                    1. there is no needs to copy files to megaupload - umodelGUI can be downloaded directly from gildor.org forum (I have allowed anonymous users to access attached files)
                    2. umodelGUI requires umodel.exe resides in the same directory and will not function without it
                    3. list of supported games belongs to umodel, not to "GUI"; gui will work with any game supported by umodel

Comment

Site is down. Any ETA when (or If), it will back online ?

Comment

Site is back. There was a problem with host provider.

Comment

Reverse Engineering is never legal.

Unless you find the models on a folder after installation on a compatible format for udk or a 3d app, you cannot use it, not even for "learning" purposes.
                          Because you're obtaining the models through reverse engineering.
                          The models are concealed by the developer for a reason.

Just like getting the source code of a game through reverse engineering is not legal, not even for learning purposes.

Same thing with CPUs. Sure, you buy it. But you're not allowed to disasemble it.
                          (http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2008/...on/01image.jpg)

Comment

There are a lot of reverse-engineering coding projects in the net.
                            That's one good sample: UShock - Unreal Level Viewer.
                            http://sourceforge.net/projects/ushock/
                            It exists since 2005 and even was nominated in a "Make Something Unreal" contest as "Best Tool"!

Umodel is a viewer software, I've made it for the research purposes - to understand how UE2 skeletal animation system works. Extracting capabilities is a "side effect" for me: some time ago I was needed to learn how one of the meshes is constructed, so I've made mesh export.

Most people are using extracted meshes and animations for educational purposes. Some - for prototyping games with a content of very high quality. Of course, using that content in commercial games is absolutely illegal.

Hey, what can you say about "3D Ripper DX"? This is a very popular universal tool for extracting most graphics from any Direct3D-based game.

Comment

Why not just test it, if you keep it personal it's one thing, but if you start selling it etc, then we can start talking about being really unlegal

Comment

Originally posted by JCoelho View Post
                                Reverse Engineering is never legal.
                                Actually, it is legal in a lot of countries, including the US. But it often has additional conditions. Even though it might be legal, it doesn't mean that you won't get into legal trouble when you try.

Comment

Working...
                                X