Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool to extract pakages from other games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool to extract pakages from other games!

I found this awesome tool for export the files from pakages of other made with UE3!
    I try to get the brumak from GOW and i did it!
    Here's te webpage
    http://www.gildor.org/
    Is this legal?

i doubt it, the brumak is owned by epic, and it wasnt included with the program

Comment

But if we test this just for fun or for learn something?

Comment

It wouldn't be legal to use any of the stuff in your games, but I have to admit it'd be nice to play around with some of it. Maybe see how they set some of their meshes up, etc.

Comment

i doubt it's legal to do, "but" i did use this tool to see how things are set up

Comment

It's perfectly legal to use these sorts of tools for your own personal learning in most countries. It is however usually illegal to share the results with other people.

Comment

Has anyone else tried this with any success? I'm always wary of downloading stuff from websites in a foreign language

Comment

If i could do this, everybody should be ale to do this .

And it moves!

Comment

This works for textures, materials and static meshes too?

Comment

You have to make te materials in the UDK, using the textures that you extract from the package, is really easy.

Comment

what on earth is that from? looks like something the Duke Forever guys would've come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                        what on earth is that from? looks like something the Duke Forever guys would've come up with
                        its from gears!

*edit* im sure you know that and i just got trolled *

Comment

nope, never checked out Gears.

Comment

We die-hard Unreal players have used such methods for years to import stuff from one Unreal title into another.

For example, GoW weapons in UT3. I'm sure Epic would allow that, but it STOPS there. So importing them into another Epic title is probably cool with them, but using the stuff for your game is a HUGE no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
                              We die-hard Unreal players have used such methods for years to import stuff from one Unreal title into another.

For example, GoW weapons in UT3. I'm sure Epic would allow that, but it STOPS there. So importing them into another Epic title is probably cool with them, but using the stuff for your game is a HUGE no-no.
                              This.

Reverse-engineering games should be something you can learn from, make cool small character mods (this is the furthest i go) and etc. Know your limits.

Comment

Working...
                              X