No announcement yet.

Scariest locations, places, etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, the scariest place ever, in any game, is the standard T-junction. Because you have to turn your back to either one side or the other.

Comment

CoffeeGrunt is right on the money.
      Consider what makes a place scary. Being cut-off from the world, a sense of a bad history, a disorienting layout. Factors like these can be applied to just about any place. There are plenty of common grounds for what we consider creepy- abandoned factories, hospitals, schools, churches, subways.
      If you go that route you'll have to try your hardest to out-do Silent Hill and Condemned.
      A nice trick to consider is keeping as much vague as possible, and let the player fill in the gaps. What frightens us most can be so personal we might not be conscious of it.
      I'm unnerved by high ceilings, blank white walls, and the Emergency Broadcast messages. That's probably not universal.

Comment

Okay, I'm writting down some locations that seem quite scary, thanks for some of the tips. Now all I need to do is develop a monster(s) that would be quite scary, and would follow the story line.

Comment

Here is one to think about.......an empty, haunted circus..........for some reason clowns give me the creeps, BIG TIME!

Comment

Working...
          X