does udk support touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does udk support touch?

i mean like iphone/w7's multi-touch? or is it impossible? i'm really interested in making a touch game.

Erm.. I dont remember most computers having a touch screen no. You would design it as if you were using a mouse.

Comment

In theory, yes. If it supports any of the supported buttons (IE: Left Mouse, Right Mouse, etc......I'm not sure how that goes w/ the Multitouch in Windows 7, as I've not done any development with it at this point), then it supports it natively. If not, you could likely do something through DLLBind that queries for the behavior every frame, though that certainly isn't going to be the most graceful way of doing things.

Comment

PhoenixWing - tons of pc with w7 have multi touch or single touch. just look at all the ones on display at ces 2010 (archos 9, viliv 7, hp slate, fujitsu, asus eee pc t901mt, etc.). i myself own a hp tx2z tabletpc with multi touch. i love playing the games that come with w7 and touch pack.

schenksmill - thanks! i was afraid that's the only way to get it into udk is via a dllbind. multi-touch is not the same as mouse buttons. they don't map one to one. i hope udk adds native support for multi-touch like in w7 in the future.

Comment

They will never add "multi-touch" support, because it's fundamentally useless; hardly anyone owns a machine with it, and hardly any machine that does have it, has the required spec to run such a game anyway.

Comment

It is the year of touch so I don't think nobody will have it. The support is probably just a extension you can make for the UDK. Its doesnt has to be in the engine, you can make it by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nysuatro View Post
              It is the year of touch
              That made me LOL

Comment

Originally posted by elmuerte View Post
                That made me LOL
                ah finally someone responses

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                  They will never add "multi-touch" support, because it's fundamentally useless; hardly anyone owns a machine with it, and hardly any machine that does have it, has the required spec to run such a game anyway.
                  are you kiddin' me? have you seen the graphical power in mobile devices nowadays? i can assure you they're powerful enough to handle unreal 3. also, it doesn't have to be mobile devices. multi-touch in windows 7 can be on a desktop system as well.

Nysuatro - that's funny and true.

Comment

Epic presented what I believe is UT3 for mobile devices.
                    I think it was a presentation about Nvidia "Tegra" at the CES2010.

Comment

Ue3 is ported to Iphone
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzts8...layer_embedded

Comment

Hello guys, sorry to bump in but I'm really interested in unreal multitouch technology, do you guys think it is possible to show touch commands on top of running game window screen with the current january beta ?? or will we have to wait for unreal to support it natively to be able to do so ??
                        THX I'm very curious.

Comment

Working...
                        X