Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK for OS X

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK for OS X

Will there be a UDK for OS X? I have seen a type of port for iPhone 3S, and with next gen iPhone Hardware just around the corner (July or so) and the heavily rumored, soon to be announced iSlate or iTablet (Late January) I can only imagine that a version of UDK for OS X is at least in the works. Unity 3D makes a decent game dev environment for both Windows and MAC (iPhone and Wii too). But I would really like to see the UDK ported.

iPhone and Mac OSX are two VERY different beasts.

To answer your question:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DevelopmentKitFAQ.html

Comment

iPhone is running Mac OS X, so they are not so different. Though the iPhone is obviously a lot slower than a computer.

Comment

I beg to differ. The iPhone uses a derivate version of the Mac OS X, though it still retains its Darwin foundation.

Besides, I wouldn't blame Epic for not porting it to the Mac. Let's be honest, the number of PC gamers easily surpasses Mac ones. Besides, Mac guys have Unity. If you don't like Unity, switch to Windows.

Comment

Personally I run UDK in Windows using Parallels. The editor itself runs just fine, although I'm going to have to experiment with Mac compatibility when it comes to finished products, since Parallels doesn't make complete use of the hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
            Personally I run UDK in Windows using Parallels. The editor itself runs just fine, although I'm going to have to experiment with Mac compatibility when it comes to finished products, since Parallels doesn't make complete use of the hardware.
            I'm running it just fine on my Macbook Pro using Bootcamp. No issues here.

Comment

Has any one tryed to run UDK in wine, or may be cider? Some thing like this?

Comment

Working...
              X