Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can I reduction 3DMAX MODEL Triangle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can I reduction 3DMAX MODEL Triangle ?

look the photo, I import the .aes file , but the 3DMAX MODEL has 40000 Triangle , how can I reduction the Triangle ?

There really aren't any quick and easy way to reduce the triangle count on models. A good artist will generally make two seperate models for high and low poly versions, since there's a lot of "rules" to making good low poly models. My best recommendation would be to create a seperate low-poly version and use the current one as a way to bake the normal map of the model.

Comment

can I in UDK to create a seperate low-poly version ??? or must 3DMAX ??? because I know UE3 have feature is for complex poly model compare low poly model , and then calculation the medium complex poly model , but how can I do ?
      in the 3dMAX to finish ??

Comment

You would create the low poly model in 3ds max, then bake the normal map using the high poly model in 3ds max. You can try the generate LOD feature in the static mesh editor, but it's not likely going to give you as good of a result as making your own low poly model.

Comment

OH ! I see , thx very much ! ^_^
          1. create high poly Model & the material must in high poly model
          2. create low poly model
          3. in the Static mesh editor -> lod detail -> choose the Mesh Simplification function

and then... i am sorry , can you tell me 3D MAX what buttom to reduction high poly Model to low poly model , because I use lightwave before, and I learn 3dmax only about 3month...

3DMAX -> EXPORT -> Accuracy set to 1
          UDK-> CONTENT B ->[high poly Model] MESH right kick mouse-> level simple mesh detail ->mesh->import the LOD detail ... right ??

Comment

There really isn't a button to do it. They are usually two models that are made completely separate of each other. The high poly model is then never used in-game. It is only used to generate the normal map that is then applied to the low poly model. This is how a lot of the models in Unreal achieve their high-poly look with a low poly count.

Comment

There are two useful modifiers in MAX that can be used to reduce poly count:

Optimize
              Multires

Multires is great for creating multiple LODs and it doesn't screw up the UVs, unlike Optimize which would probably require you to remap the simplified mesh.

Comment

Reduce the vertex I guess.... well I only learn Light wave for a month so I'm not really sure about this.

Comment

you also have external aplications like Meshlab which is free
                  http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Working...
                  X