Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can I create Unreal Engine 3 Fluid effect ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can I create Unreal Engine 3 Fluid effect ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anoH3JQJGlA

new particlesystem , and then use emitter type phesX mesh data ... right ??

That video isn't the Unreal Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
      That video isn't the Unreal Engine.
      your mean is only UE3 , isn't UDK ??? UDK can't ????? >_<

Comment

It is Unreal Engine. We did a demo for aegia at one point with this tech - But you wont find this in the UDK as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by javahawk View Post
          It is Unreal Engine. We did a demo for aegia at one point with this tech - But you wont find this in the UDK as far as I know.
          UDK can't ? this effect is very very cool >_<
          can I use UDK [dllbind ] to increase this Function ???

I want UDK have be gradually Powerful .

Comment

It's not Unreal 3 at all. UE3 has some very limited fluid particles, but nothing like anything shown in the Ageia demos.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
              It's not Unreal 3 at all. UE3 has some very limited fluid particles, but nothing like anything shown in the Ageia demos.
              but UDK have get nvidia physX support , so should be create fluid particles effect ... right ? ^_^

maybe increase into UDK , give designer one chance , to choose enable or disable ... next update is:
              O physX fluid particles effect
              O realtime global Illumination for lightmass

it is the beta3 or beta4 foucus ^_^

... haa , I Suddenly think , NVIDIA PHYSX is no opensource Standard , may epic must give some royalty to nvidia increase fluid particles effect , and then epic deny , so epic no get nvidia physx... (this is my think...)

Comment

Originally posted by stevenchau View Post
                but UDK have get nvidia physX support , so should be create fluid particles effect ... right ? ^_^

maybe increase into UDK , give designer one chance , to choose enable or disable ... next update is:
                O physX fluid particles effect
                O realtime global Illumination for lightmass

it is the beta3 or beta4 foucus ^_^

... haa , I Suddenly think , NVIDIA PHYSX is no opensource Standard , may epic give nvidia some royalty , so epic no get nvidia physx... (this is my think...)
                The thing is, neither of those are practical for the majority of computer systems out there, even when taking into account gaming systems. It's one thing to create a powerful SDK that can be used to make a bunch of different products. It's another entirely different thing to spend time implementing features that won't be used by the majority of people, especially when solutions exist for 3rd party partners of the UE3 license.

Comment

Originally posted by schenksmill View Post
                  The thing is, neither of those are practical for the majority of computer systems out there, even when taking into account gaming systems. It's one thing to create a powerful SDK that can be used to make a bunch of different products. It's another entirely different thing to spend time implementing features that won't be used by the majority of people, especially when solutions exist for 3rd party partners of the UE3 license.
                  yes , you is right , I want UDK have be gradually Powerful , if give designer one chance , to choose enable or disable the function , it is great ! ~ ^_^ ( so I think the main reason may be nvidia royalty. )

Comment

It's nothing to do with an Nvidia royalty. It's more to do with it being impractical to implement in the public UDK.

Comment

stevenchau , fluid physX effect , is UE4 best update !

Comment

Oh god, May and StevenChau has encountered eachother. I can't even imagine what sort of catastrophic results this will end with.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                          Oh god, May and StevenChau has encountered eachother. I can't even imagine what sort of catastrophic results this will end with.
                          haha
                          i see some classic moments comming

Comment

no , Graylord , I want UE4 support fluid physx , only this , no anything about stevenchau.

Comment

Working...
                            X