Importing UT3 materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    UT2004's engine didn't use cooking. As for mods porting their assets to UDK, Obviously it's easy to do when you have the uncooked packages.
    one of the ported ut3 maps is from epic, cooked

Originally posted by iniside View Post
    Well i just "wasted" entire one day to export content rom UT3 to UDK and I simple gave up. It doesnt work, editors crashed etc. So i have basics to claim is not possible ;p.
    well that could be just you not knowing how to it
    the screenshots are there so they did it somehow, unless they got uncooked content from epic

Comment

I've already written that in another post:
      - I bought books made 3DBuzz. Very good.
      - But the files for tutorials are made for UT3.
      - I can read the maps.
      - I can't read the packages (.upk).

So the books are useless?
      Sad.
      Teto.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
        Exporting files from UT3 packages is not possible. They are allready cooked and there is no "normal" way to uncook them and then export content and import it to UDK. So no playing around with tons of ready to use meshes from UT3 in UDK.
        It is possible, there is small 3rd party tool on internet that perfectly exports textures and skeletal meshes. There is also way to uncock packages from ut3 inside udk, they are a bit messed, but you can export meshes as ase files and then reimport them back to proper udk package. There was also topic about all this but got removed, so i do not post exact solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Teto View Post
          - I can read the maps.

Sad.
          Teto.
          Get ut3 from bargian bin, its like 10$ now, learn in ut3, develop in udk, most ut3 mapping is same in udk.

Comment

Originally posted by Teto View Post
            - I can read the maps.

Sad.
            Teto.
            Edit about the packages: Forget it! I discovered that I have to put the files in the good place, or change something in an .ini file.
            Thanks for the answers, but I don't want to pay for a free game... (I mean when I buy a book with the game inside...)

Comment

Just swap your content/enviroment from UT3 to UDK content and you have all the meshes and everything else you want from UT3. Same with vehicles and weapons, etc. It's ok for practicing but you're not allowed to release anything with UT3 content in.

Comment

You can copy nodes from the material editor of UE3 into the material editor of the UDK I believe. Literally, select all the modules in your material, ctrl-c, open your UDK material editor, ctrl-v.

I'm pretty sure that works.

Comment

Working...
                X