Importing UT3 materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing UT3 materials

I have the full version of Ut3 and would like to import the content into UDK, could someone please tell me how?
    Thanks in advance.

You mean the content which was shipped with UT3? You do know it's not allowed to use UT3 content in your projects, if you're going to release it?

Comment

Wait, can I not use UDK to make an unreal tournament map?

Comment

Nope. UDK is Unreal Engine 3.5, UT is Unreal Engine 3. The editors are not compatible. Sad but true.

Comment

Darn....
          Thanks for you help!

Comment

If you want to make an Unreal Tournament map, why would you not just use the game in question to make it and save yourself the trouble? UDK is for making standalone games.

Comment

Perhaps for taking advantage of UE3.5 engine additions. Too bad it doesn't work that way. :/

Comment

porting ut3 materials is possible, and yes people have done parts of it. unless you're releasing it openly, no one is going to stop you if you have the know how.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...1&postcount=62

Comment

Exporting files from UT3 packages is not possible. They are allready cooked and there is no "normal" way to uncook them and then export content and import it to UDK. So no playing around with tons of ready to use meshes from UT3 in UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                    Exporting files from UT3 packages is not possible. They are allready cooked and there is no "normal" way to uncook them and then export content and import it to UDK. So no playing around with tons of ready to use meshes from UT3 in UDK.
                    once again
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...1&postcount=62

explain how they ported the maps
                    even ut2004 materials was ported

Comment

Link dont work ;p. I cant explain but maybe they can ?

Comment

don't know why it doesn't work, its the same link as post #8 and that works.
                        if you can't explain then don't claim ppl can't port, the ppl that ported ut contents are not claiming you can't, but showed that ppl can port ut3 and 2004 contents

Comment

Well, I certainly had little issue with porting uncooked content from UT3 (i.e. my own content), with the exception of particle effects. Dunno about cooked content (i.e. standard UT3 content) - not something I'm interested in doing anyway.

Comment

UT2004's engine didn't use cooking. As for mods porting their assets to UDK, Obviously it's easy to do when you have the uncooked packages.

Comment

Originally posted by very unreal View Post
                              don't know why it doesn't work, its the same link as post #8 and that works.
                              if you can't explain then don't claim ppl can't port, the ppl that ported ut contents are not claiming you can't, but showed that ppl can port ut3 and 2004 contents
                              Well i just "wasted" entire one day to export content rom UT3 to UDK and I simple gave up. It doesnt work, editors crashed etc. So i have basics to claim is not possible ;p.

Comment

Working...
                              X