Lightwave again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightwave again

After a whole day browsing around to search for the best way to import meshes and animation from lightwave to UDK i feel a little frustrated. Seems like there is few options for lightwavers to have the models up and running in UDK.

Collada meshes form modeler works as static, but import animation makes UDK crash.

I found an old plugin who promises to work with lw9.x, and i'm still testing it.

A tutorial suggests to export model to blender, rig and animate in it and then export to udk. That means to learn blender and use lightwave just for modeling.

and... that's all seems we don't have many other options, am i right?

I'd like to know if there is any plan to have a plugin for lightwave too (i'll ask the same thing to Newtek) or do you have any fresh information about plugin/workaround/tutorial to solve this issue?

thanks in advance for help

Yeah, I'm in the same boat (waiting for a Lightwave solution that works with static and animated meshes).

Comment

I'ld like more Lightwave love in UDK too...

Comment

Originally posted by Megisto
        (i'll ask the same thing to Newtek)
        Do let us know what their response is, it will probably be "Game development? What's that?"

But maybe with a link to this thread.

Comment

There are some plugins for PSK/PSA too but I don't know if they still work with recent LW or UDK.

Comment

yes , lightwave is the best for 3d model software than 3dmax

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I think I have a solution. Export from lightwave to .fbx from layout. (One animation per file). Then import animation from .fbx from within the animset editor.

Comment

Working...
              X