Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have UDK increase illuminate labs Beast effect ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have UDK increase illuminate labs Beast effect ?

illuminate labs Beast is mirror's eage illuminate light , it is get no realtime raytracing , the sence , the building is so Beauty , but I find UDK have illuminate labs Beast effect , why???

Because Beast is not part of the UnrealEngine, it was licensed by DICE to be used in their game (Mirror's Edge). However, with UDK you will be able to achieve similar looks.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenchau View Post
      illuminate labs Beast is mirror's eage illuminate light , it is get no realtime raytracing , the sence , the building is so Beauty , but I find UDK have illuminate labs Beast effect , why???
      Illuminate Labs Beast is a solver for Global Illumination... it's used in some Unreal Engine 3 games like Mirror's Edge.

Epic made their own GI Solver called "LightMass" -- since Epic made it, they included Lightmass with the UDK.

So Beast is not in the UDK... Epic's similar-functioning tool is.

Comment

HOW COME ?????!!!!

If i check here : http://www.illuminatelabs.com/products/beast

i see that they are Partner, their should be a way to do it guys.

Comment

the partner program is for licensees only, otherwise we would have autodesk IK but we don't

Comment

There is no reason for Epic to integrate Beast in the UDK since they already have their own lighting system that they worked hard for. It's not like Epic owns Beast and can just willy nilly throw it in the engine for free use. As for your imagination being limited, it really isn't, Lightmass is pretty amazing, it can do pretty much anything Beast can.

Comment

Originally posted by Bslashingu View Post
              There is no reason for Epic to integrate Beast in the UDK since they already have their own lighting system that they worked hard for. It's not like Epic owns Beast and can just willy nilly throw it in the engine for free use. As for your imagination being limited, it really isn't, Lightmass is pretty amazing, it can do pretty much anything Beast can.

OK consider you are right how to do the same similar look ?

I clearly mention either show us how to do, or integrate it....

Comment

Well, what lightmass can't do for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
                  Well, what lightmass can't do for you?
                  I cant accomplish the same looking as Beast. If you show me how to accomplish the mirror edge using lightmass then no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by UT2007 View Post
                    I cant accomplish the same looking as Beast. If you show me how to accomplish the mirror edge using lightmass then no problem.
                    Well what makes you think you could accomplish the "mirror's edge" look with Beast? :P
                    Just because you don't know how to use/setup lights that well (yet) doesn't mean the tools suck.

From the ME summary:

-Color bounces and colored shadows from transparent objects.
                    Check

-Natural looking shadows affected by light bounces.
                    Check

-Soft shadows from point lights, directional lights and area lights.
                    Check

-Create light from a HDR environment giving natural lighting in the entire scene without adding a single light source.

Don't know if this is possible. Might be by using emissive skydome material and then making it to emit light.

-Dynamically relight objects and characters using light probes precalculated by Beast. Lighting of characters and other dynamic objects is affected by emissive objects and light bouncing off other objects.
                    Check

I must ask, have you even looked at Lightmass documentation?
                    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Lightmass.html

Comment

Well what makes you think you could accomplish the "mirror's edge" look with Beast? :P
                      I dont think, they are really using beast for mirror's edge sir, check you will see

Just because you don't know how to use/setup lights that well (yet) doesn't mean the tools suck.

From the ME summary:

-Color bounces and colored shadows from transparent objects.
                      Check

-Natural looking shadows affected by light bounces.
                      Check

-Soft shadows from point lights, directional lights and area lights.
                      Check

-Create light from a HDR environment giving natural lighting in the entire scene without adding a single light source.

Don't know if this is possible. Might be by using emissive skydome material and then making it to emit light.

-Dynamically relight objects and characters using light probes precalculated by Beast. Lighting of characters and other dynamic objects is affected by emissive objects and light bouncing off other objects.
                      Check

I must ask, have you even looked at Lightmass documentation?
                      http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Lightmass.html
                      Calm down calm down i never said that lightmass wasn't able to do anything or wasn't able to render similar effect.... i just said how to do it and or integrate it relax

Comment

There's no need to integrate lightmass. Just place a dominant directional light on the level (which acts as the sunlight source) and build your level.

Comment

There's no need to integrate lightmass. Just place a dominant directional light on the level (which acts as the sunlight source) and build your level.
                          Dominant directional light on the level hein ? ok ok guess what, today night i will test it throughly and start my ps3 and compare mirror edge and the pc result.

I will be in high resolution and i dont bother graphic quality but will deeply check the result, let us see......

Anyway soon or later i will finish with my UI's and start the map and lighting will come to know if i can or cannot.Thanks sir will tell you the result tomorrow.

Comment

Remember to adjust environmental ambient lighting in world properties too. And don't use completely white light, it won't look natural.

Comment

Originally posted by UT2007 View Post
                              OK consider you are right how to do the same similar look ?

I clearly mention either show us how to do, or integrate it....
                              There are tons of resources out there that tell you how to use Lightmass, go out and look for them! Hell, lightmass is enabled by default, just chuck a light into the level, build lighting, and light will start bouncing all over the place like a crazy person, you won't get the same result as in Mirror's Edge, but global illumination works without any real work needed.

Originally posted by UT2007
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Xendance View Post
                              Dominant directional light on the level hein ? ok ok guess what, today night i will test it throughly and start my ps3 and compare mirror edge and the pc result.

I will be in high resolution and i dont bother graphic quality but will deeply check the result, let us see......

Anyway soon or later i will finish with my UI's and start the map and lighting will come to know if i can or cannot.Thanks sir will tell you the result tomorrow.
                              Throwing a dominant light into the level won't yield the same exact results as it did in Mirror's Edge, like I said before, so give it some time and work, it'll take a little while to achieve the same result.

Comment

Working...
                              X