Character made in Blender Importing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character made in Blender Importing Problem

When I try to import a mesh made in blender I get this error message.

Generated/imported vertex count ratio exceeds percentage. Percent vs 25.00 percent expected.

Does this mean I have too many faces for my vertex count?

To be honest you can pretty much ignore that message. Whenever you have a lot of separate pieces or planes in a mesh the vertex count increases and will easily get past the 25% mark.

Comment

The other thing is that my face on my character is missing. Is this because of the error?

Comment

Ran into this myself. According to this page,

ASE Importer

* There is now an option to have single smoothing group objects ignore calculated tangents when doing vertex comparisons...
        o When importing an ASE file, there is a new option on the StaticMeshFactory dialog, bSingleSmoothGroupSingleTangent.
        + When TRUE, if the mesh being imported utilizes a single smoothing group, generated tangents will be ignored when comparing vertices.
        o This resulted in a significant decrease in the generated vertex count in our test model, with no noticable artifacts.
        o The importing of ASE files will also now write the generated and imported vertex counts to the log.
        o If the ratio exceeds that of the ASEImporter.ImportVertexCountWarningPercentage value in the editor ini setting, a pop-up dialog will warn the importer of the large increase in vertex count.
        When I set the bSingleSmoothGroupSingleTangent (Single Smooth Group Single Tangent) to true, it did not have the warning and the meshes had the same number of verts as imported.

Comment

It also counts UV breaks as extra verts. So if your UV's are real broken up that can cause that warning.

Comment

Working...
          X