Is something like Mirror's Edge Possible on UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is something like Mirror's Edge Possible on UDK

The gameplay in mirror's edge is really neat. Jumping, grabbing climbing etc. I would love to add some elements to my game. However a very small part of me suspects that in order to do all of that you will need the source code. Do you think you need the source code to do something like that?

not necessarily. If you set all the path possible and set trigger collision you can manage it but it may be time consuming.

Comment

Nah you can do it... good luck -- but it's possible.

Comment

If it is easier with the source code how much easier?

Comment

is hard to say, unless you know how the mirrors edge gameplay is set up in their editor. I think it would be similar to splinter cell chaos theory.

Comment

I have no idea. there is a so many way to create contextual gameplay. But it would ease the process of setting collisions. But the source code won't make a huge difference execpt if you plan of building your collision tool. they may have few option for you using scripting, but you have to know what you are doing.

Comment

What would be the best way to set collisions?

Comment

Making a Mirror's Edge style game would easily be possible with UnrealScript, if you knew what you were doing.

[edit] And by 'easily' I don't mean a week or a month, and no, there are no tutorials.

Comment

Wouldn't that be something: How to make Mirror's edge from 0 to finished game

Comment

Ive never seen Mirror's Edge, but I'd doubt that you need Engine level source access to mimic it's gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                    X