RTS/citybuilding game using UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTS/citybuilding game using UDK

Is it possible to make a real time strategy/city building game using UDK? See I'm making a mod using Warcraft3 engine, I was thinking if it is possible to make it using unreal engine.?Is anyone even interested in making this type of game?

Yes it is possible.

Comment

I have only tried modding wc3.Could you point me then on the right direction, a direct link on where I could start.A documentation perhaps on how to go about a project like that, I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to set up UDK for a TC.Please be kind, modding UT3 is new to me..

Comment

No, I just know it is possible, I am learning udk myself atm

Comment

Please check the following for how to get started:

The official UDK wiki.
          The BeyondUnreal wiki.
          The Master Guide thread here.

Comment

You can do it, but is there good motive for switching to the UDK in this regard? You'd have to duplicate a lot of work that Blizzard has already done for you.

Comment

no way... if he/she is making a city building - I wouldn't mod wc3. Besides its an old engine and doesn't have the inherent awesome tools ready for you like the UDK does.

For starters you want to create a new Game and GameType - you can do that and get to know how to use the UI (rudimentarily) here >> http://tutorial.toltecstudios.com/

Comment

Yes but as I said, a lot of functionality that is already present in RTS engines that are also moddable would have to be rewritten and rebuilt within the UDK. It's not impossible, but if this is just some fun side project then is it really worth going through all of that?

Comment

Working...
                X