Will the UDK run on Windows 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the UDK run on Windows 7?

I see where the recommended system is Windows Vista 64 bit. If I have Windows 7 can I still run this? Since I have a macbook pro, I will need to run bootcamp, partition my harddrive and install Windows 7. I would hate to go through all that trouble to find out the UDK will not run.

Thanks, Wray

Yea it runs very well. I actually have it running on windows 7. You should not have any issues

Comment

My experience so far with Win 7 is that everything that works on Vista works on 7, but better. And many things that work on XP but not on Vista, also seem to work in 7, though not all.

Comment

Agreed -- Windows 7 works great with UDK.

Comment

I´m here new and I don´t wanted to this theme a new thread.

So I wanted to ask, if I need "Windows 7 64 Bit" or can I use it with the 32 Bit Version ?

Comment

window snapping + UDK = : D

Comment

Originally posted by TemplateR View Post
              I´m here new and I don´t wanted to this theme a new thread.

So I wanted to ask, if I need "Windows 7 64 Bit" or can I use it with the 32 Bit Version ?
              Either version will run UDK perfectly fine.

Comment

Yea, I have zero issues with Win 7 and UDK

Comment

The help page on dll bindings should probably be updated then, since it is stated there that a 64-bit version of UDK isn't available:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DLLBind.html

Comment

And how do you think relates that to Windows 7, DuneCat?

I use Win 7 x64 and it's running just fine (as long as nVidia and Windows Update don't screw me with new drivers lol).

Comment

im using windows 7 64 bit and for me it runs fine too

Comment

Yes... It works great here - win 7 untimate x64.

Comment

Originally posted by eAlex79 View Post
                          And how do you think relates that to Windows 7, DuneCat?

I use Win 7 x64 and it's running just fine (as long as nVidia and Windows Update don't screw me with new drivers lol).
                          Always set my updates to notify but not download.

And Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit here too, UDK is running great!

And so is UT3 which oddly system requirements lab lists as an unsupported game. I don't have to use admin mode or anything.

Comment

(I have WU switched off, but I clicked one checkbox while manually updating, too fast... wooohps... UDK stopped working. lol)

Comment

"Works great if windows update is deliberately disabled, and you use outdated drivers" would, in the opinion of relatively many, translate to "does not really work all that well". However, the operating system doesn't seem to be the what is at fault... I wish an update was released that would allow me to use the graphics drivers that I need elsewhere, but which would also allow me to use the content browser. I can tell you this much: you can't do anything with UDK while the content browser isn't working.

Comment

Working...
                              X