Editing Tools Other Than nFringe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Tools Other Than nFringe?

Hi, I am trying to sell the games that I make with UDK, but the editor for Unreal Script, nFringe, has a far too expensive commercial license and I was wondering if there are any other editors/compliers available for doing Unreal Script.

I wish there was. I don't particularly like nFringe. I'd rather use WOTgreal but it hasn't been updated in forever.

Comment

I highly recommend ConTEXT. It's free, easy to use, and it works great with UnrealScript. Just edit your scripts with ConTEXT, then compile them with UTFrontEnd! I found out about it from 3DBuzz.com since they use it in their tutorials. You can get the program here, and the UnrealScript highlighter can be found here. Just scroll down and look for UnrealScript. This program has worked wonders for me, and I use it pretty much religiously for UnrealScript. Let me know if you find this useful.

Comment

Eh, you do know, if you are talking about nFringe being too much, you need to pay for a commercial license to sell UDK games as well right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bifuu View Post
          Eh, you do know, if you are talking about nFringe being too much, you need to pay for a commercial license to sell UDK games as well right?
          Yes, but the UDK license costs $99 and 25% royalties. nFringe is $3500 for the base license.

Comment

I use Emacs in Java mode... but my brain is hard-wired for Emacs now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharad View Post
              Yes, but the UDK license costs $99 and 25% royalties. nFringe is $3500 for the base license.
              I see you may have a point.

If you have some developers on hand im pretty sure you might be able to make an in house editor, or at least modify one thats already put out.

Comment

There is also WOTgreal, which used to be the editor during the UE1 and UE2 days. It does support UE3 to some extend, but not very well. However, it looks like the WOTgreal project has been abandoned.

Comment

The little I used WOTgreal before was more than enough for UT3, I found it very useful.

Comment

Emacs with custom buggy outdated unreal-mode :P

It's a shame there is no basic editor in UED (colors, class browser), it would get people started.

Comment

Just use ConTEXT, which has already been recommended a couple of times in the forums. You'll feel right at home:

Altho there's no auto-completion or any other fancy stuff. I never used nFringe myself..

Comment

Working...
                      X