Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealEd for UDK

Hey Epic,

Just curious whether we're allowed to bundle UnrealEd with our mods and indie projects so that people can mod our mods. I'd figure this would be allowed... but not sure.

Thanks.

let me phrase it like this, how would you plan to remove the editor from the executable?

Comment

The build in packager does not add the editor to the installer, and as far as I am aware it is not allowed even if it would.

A work around would probably be to release all your source files, so people can add those to their UDK install and work like that. That has the downside of giving away your files though.

Comment

That's unfortunate... I'd like to make the project I'm working on moddable but I'm hoping to be able to take it commercial eventually.

Comment

Make it moddable later once you've upgraded to a full license - then you can include UnrealEd.

Comment

Well, kind of the whole point of what I'm making is having user created content, so it kind of defeats the purpose of my project

Comment

Same, hopefully Epic will discuss this more / add in the future.

Comment

I guess the question you'd be asking would be can you distribute the unbuilt directory or does it have to be packaged up with the FrontEnd? If it doesn't have to be packaged you could cook your stuff and distribute the whole directory sans uc files and the uncooked content.

Comment

What are the implications of that?

Comment

Working...
                  X